Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I spect ye got on of them ye tracter an all

hic... al av anuver 1 plees..hic..

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi Whorty, thank you and thank you for the bingly bong. Just back in after a very challenging financial meeting - Roll on 2018.

Sorry I couldn’t make it. And I’ll catch up with you tomorrow.. stage 9 you say? I’ll do that then finish with stage 3. :thumbsup::training:
Stage 9 is nice and flat. Use my ghost, should be easy to stay with me and out sprint me at the end :okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Should be good for sorting out my grass :rofl:

And the noisy traffic on the Mere Bypass.
Should be pretty accurate a 1000m with a solid pintel like that.
Then again who needs to be accurate with a machine gun as its an area weapon.

In fact the 7.62 LMG was born of the .303 'Bren' Gun and they deliberately made it less accurate because the Bren could put a whole magazine in the same hole.
The Bren can be quickly spotted by its curved magazine that holds the rimmed round whereas the 7.62 round is rimless so the magazine is more straight.

Everyday is a school day eh!
bren_mk2.jpg

BRENY762-040028.jpg

Daddy Pig

Veteran

In fact the 7.62 LMG was born of the .303 'Bren' Gun and they deliberately made it less accurate because the Bren could put a whole magazine in the same hole.
The Bren can be quickly spotted by its curved magazine that holds the rimmed round whereas the 7.62 round is rimless so the magazine is more straight.

View attachment 382338

View attachment 382339
I took you for an UZI 9mm kind a guy...

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Zwift didn't win then:

Mr, we know your favourite route.

After our successful contest, "Where would you like to pedal?", we've collected the results and we're happy to announce that the most voted place in the world has been the French Alps. So as promised, we will be holding our next challenge on a route around the French Alps. We have two days of challenges:
Wednesday 15th: 11:00h, 18:00h, 20:00h UTC +1
Thursday 16th: 02:00h UTC +1
Between all the Bkoolers that start and finish the Challenge any one of the challenges will be entered into the raffle! We've got two Bkool drawstring bags and a 1-year Premium Subscription to give away! Are you ready for a session with loads of Bkoolers from around the world in the heart of the Alps?

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Zwift didn't win then:

Mr, we know your favourite route.

After our successful contest, "Where would you like to pedal?", we've collected the results and we're happy to announce that the most voted place in the world has been the French Alps. So as promised, we will be holding our next challenge on a route around the French Alps. We have two days of challenges:
Wednesday 15th: 11:00h, 18:00h, 20:00h UTC +1
Thursday 16th: 02:00h UTC +1
Between all the Bkoolers that start and finish the Challenge any one of the challenges will be entered into the raffle! We've got two Bkool drawstring bags and a 1-year Premium Subscription to give away! Are you ready for a session with loads of Bkoolers from around the world in the heart of the Alps?
That's just xx(, hills are bad enough...

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I took you for an UZI 9mm kind a guy...

My roots go back to the Lee Enfield which we used in my day in the Army Cadets.
For a little 13 year old it kicked like a mule and when I moved onto the SLR when I was a 16 year old Army Apprentice is felt like a pop gun in comparison.
I therefore have a thing for simple mechanics like the .303 LE and its sister Bren Gun.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

View attachment 382338

View attachment 382339
We live on the 'posh' side of Mere, away from the A303 so thankfully don't hear traffic noise. We do get a lot of army helicopters going over, including Apaches, so I think I'll give the guns a miss as I'll be seriously outgunned :eek:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
We live on the 'posh' side of Mere, away from the A303 so thankfully don't hear traffic noise. We do get a lot of army helicopters going over, including Apaches, so I think I'll give the guns a miss as I'll be seriously outgunned :eek:

An LMG would be no match for an M230 Chain Gun linked to a thermal imaging sight and accurate at over 2 km at 300+ rounds per minute.
That would take the A303 out as well as the vehicles.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
An LMG would be no match for an M230 Chain Gun linked to a thermal imaging sight and accurate at over 2 km at 300+ rounds per minute.
That would take the A303 out as well as the vehicles.
But not the mcwortface tractor, done up like something out of the A team... I can just see it bursting out of a barn, front scoop in the air taking a hail of bullets...

Last edited:
Top Bottom