Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dark this morning when I left, felt nice to be back on the bike after work imposed break from the bike. No traffic and lights switched on first time this year, winter not far off and clocks going back only a month away. I hate the end of summer see how far I can commute into winter without giving up and using the soft option the car to go into work.

Personally, I like riding in the dark. Getting all the layers on can be a bit of a faff though, and I'll have to see what it's like on the new, very rural commute...

biking_fox

Guru
Just muggy here. Dripping in sweat. Lights not normally needed until the clocks change... apart form my late wednesdays when I'm riding home 8:30pm or so and have needed lights for a while.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Counting down the days until the schools go back and all hell breaks loose on the roads again. So Today and tomorrow and that's it until the next half term.
Very muggy this morning 18° at 7.30am. Made for a very sticky commute.
I did 120 miles yesterday and my legs were not letting me forget the fact.

another grey muggy morning, lights on again. Out on road bike today seems so fast compared to flat bar bike. No traffic apart for van that simply had to over take then held me up in a 20 zone. Not sure why nearly every road in london has to be a 20 zone as the limit usually gets ignored where there are no speed cameras.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Wet ride both ways yesterday, wet ride in today. Just a lightweight waterproof & light overshoes which all dry out well at work or at home.

Do driver take more risks in the wet?

It seems so to me. BMW driver making a late overtake on the approach to a blind bend, of course it was also a close pass just in case anything came around that blind bend.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A pretty grotty ride in this morning; overcast and oppressively humid with occasional rain. The roads blighted by many roadworks and rammed with vacuous muppets piloting their nasty soft-roaders towards their no-doubt mostly pointless jobs.

The perpetually-lashed-up-and-failing seatpost tube on the Brompton really excelled itself today; become unuseable by town and necessitating the last four miles to be done out of the saddle.

It's been bodged for a third time today; hopefully it'll get me home. 50/50 the contemptuous little shite ends up in the canal later..

Kingfisher101

Über Member
A pretty grotty ride in this morning; overcast and oppressively humid with occasional rain. The roads blighted by many roadworks and rammed with vacuous muppets piloting their nasty soft-roaders towards their no-doubt mostly pointless jobs.

The perpetually-lashed-up-and-failing seatpost tube on the Brompton really excelled itself today; become unuseable by town and necessitating the last four miles to be done out of the saddle.

It's been bodged for a third time today; hopefully it'll get me home. 50/50 the contemptuous little shite ends up in the canal later..

Can you get or make a shim for it? I had this with my MTB and I made a shim out of a pop can and it hasn't shifted at all since. It was driving me crazy before falling down all the time.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
To be honest, I use lights all year round

me too , mind you i work shifts .
This morning i set off about 4.30 am and nearly ran into some numpty who was messing about in the middle of the road in an unlit section even with full beam it was hard to see them in the obligatory full black clothing.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

I found the QR alone was not enough to hold the seat post firmly but nipped that up that and then tightened the nut on the other side with a spanner.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep, the schools are back in full force and it didn't take long for a f---wit in a Merc 4X4 to suddenly pull over and stop with no indicating outside the school to let their little darling out. ggggrrrrrrrr. The wing mirror got a wack for the trouble.

Once on to the fast moving A21 the usual quick blast was had with the added bonus of a good few other cyclists too-ing and fro-ing taking turns at the front. Highly enjoyable.

Bonus points for a lovely blue sky, warm morning.

Top Bottom