Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A lovely, sunny, warm morning to combine civic duty and the cycle commute.
View attachment 736356

Nippy this morning up North and a stiff headwind. I did wonder why a car was turning into the church hall car park, then remembered 'polling station' - will go this evening.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What an absolute glorious day to wake up to.. Not even a rainy commute can take away that great feeling.

Rainy commute #25 for the year.
First rainy commute since 10th June.
Same period last year 27 rainy commutes.

biking_fox

Guru
A few days off with lurgy. Good enough to work today, but took it gently, 2mins slower than often, but not into winter times which are notably 5min off a summer best (on a normal 24min ride). Wet roads but sunny.

Bonus of being ill - I managed to watch Cav's 35 which was lovely.

I think folk were in a bad mood following the election and I had a number drive straight at me on parked up (pseudo one lane) street when I was free wheeling at plus 20mph. Fortunately the streets I take through Letchworth also have a lot of dropped kerbs.
I get to the same streets tonight which start of as a freewheel down before the slog; and on every downhill I again had folk driving straight at me, forcing me up the dropped kerbs. I get to one of the slogs and a driver starts towards me ,and I thought here we go again but they patiently pulled into a small gap as I crawled up hill. The normality of polite people returns 👍

As an aside I like commuting on a Friday as its normally more relaxed and you get space on the train both ways 👍👍
20240705_070006.jpg

20240705_172741.jpg

tinywheels

Über Member
morning chaps,all good here!

20240708_071918.jpg

Maylian

Guru
Slightly moisture assisted ride home last night and legs felt good so set quite a few PR's. Although one of the underpasses in Bristol is completely flooded, so had to take a diversion. Nothing mind blowing, but it's good to affirm that the times matched my feeling that the ride was good and I'm feeling fitter.

This morning was a lot damper on the road / cycle paths and I had a beautiful mud-tan by the time I got to work. I forgot my water bottle so there was a bit of cycling with my mouth open to try and get a bit of moisture. However, I did plan ahead and brought in my full wet gear in case the ride home is worse.

Top Bottom