Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Turning left at the end of my road down to the B2B Railway Path today, two teen girls on a private escooter turning right into the road, car sound coming from right. 'Turn now...turn!' exclaims the rear passenger to the one in control, now executing a somewhat wobbly right turn. Car driver clocks it and slows down. Gotta love escooters...allowing those with little or no experience of how they work and no real roadcraft out onto roads at 8am....

biking_fox

Guru
Grim again - my least favourite combination. Cold and wet. I suppose at least the morning's aren't yet so dark, and it wasn't sleeting.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Grim again - my least favourite combination. Cold and wet. I suppose at least the morning's aren't yet so dark, and it wasn't sleeting.

On foot today - stayed over in Manchester. Grim out. Looking at the forecast not so sure if I should switch over to ice tyres - looking close to freezing tonight. That said, I may not be on the bike tomorrow - my knee is still very sore and I've been walking on it too much this weekend (around Liverpool and Manchester).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Dark, cold and wet this morning. But have had worse. The rain stopped soon after I left home. But stayed grim for all of the ride in. Lots of standing water as it had rained all night. Hopefully a dry ride home.

Bought a new pair of waterproof gloves recently and they worked well. Nice a and toasty fingers.

Rainy commute #47 for the year
Same period last year 40 rainy commutes.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Quite nice weather this morning but oh dear!

Three close passes and an illegal number plate to report. The last close pass was from the driver of a large Audi estate within touching distance.

Bearing in mind the driver had been sat behind me at the lights, with ample time to clock the camera sign on my gilet, this was exceptionally stupid.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Drenched this morning but definitely a bonus when your work has furnaces to dry your gear!
IMG20231127144622.jpg

Dry commute back from work the river levels have shot up from the downpour, another night of rain and the tpt past Manvers might be flooded again.
IMG20231127154208.jpg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Same extended commute as the other night through Worsley woods and along the Bridgewater canal
IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2415.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2416.jpeg

IMG_2418.jpeg

Drenched this morning but definitely a bonus when your work has furnaces to dry your gear!
View attachment 714719
Dry commute back from work the river levels have shot up from the downpour, another night of rain and the tpt past Manvers might be flooded again.
View attachment 714720

Wow, and you ride in this weather with no mudguards? You sirrah, live dangerously.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Decided this week was looking a bit cold, so popped the ice 'wheels' on last night. Slight adjustment to two canti-pad positions as the Snow Studs are a bit wider than the slicks. Shifting spot on due to the 'assorted spacers' I purchased to perfect the cassette indexing between the different wheels.

Out with the thermal gear though, and commute was just a couple of minutes slower than usual.

Top Bottom