Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The weather forecast said it'd be dry for my commute into Leeds. Well it wasn't :rain::ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Slippy commute to and from work today all the leaves turning to mush on the track. Dry all day as well so happy with that 👍

Dry today, but did feel the full slushy leaf effect. One of my light's popped off on the shared path this morning. Tried to stop quickly but the rear end snaked all over on the sloppy wet leaf mulch. Ah. It really is slippy. I've been taking it easy on corners covered in leaves, just hope I don't need to do any quick stops soon.

Slightly nippy, so I wore my neck buff. Much lighter this morning will less cloud cover. This rain had been 'doing my head in'.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Dry today, but did feel the full slushy leaf effect. One of my light's popped off on the shared path this morning. Tried to stop quickly but the rear end snaked all over on the sloppy wet leaf mulch. Ah. It really is slippy. I've been taking it easy on corners covered in leaves, just hope I don't need to do any quick stops soon.

Slightly nippy, so I wore my neck buff. Much lighter this morning will less cloud cover. This rain had been 'doing my head in'.

Wet leaves...a friend used to call it 'tyre mulch'. The mush once dried on my bike frame so I peeled it off like cardboard.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Don't know why I bothered cleaning the commuter bike last week - yet another wet road commute with that fine misty drizzle in the air that doesn't show up on the rain radar, but soaks through eventually. I think I may treat the bike to a new set of wheels once I retire as the rims are beginning to get that concave feel on the braking track.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Got absolutely drenched last night.

For me, commuter bike clean will await the Vernal equinox. Cleaning through winter would mean more time cleaning than riding!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Don't know why I bothered cleaning the commuter bike last week - yet another wet road commute with that fine misty drizzle in the air that doesn't show up on the rain radar, but soaks through eventually. I think I may treat the bike to a new set of wheels once I retire as the rims are beginning to get that concave feel on the braking track.

Change over to disk brakes. Best thing I ever did for a commuting bike. All year round cycle commuting eats rims and brake pads like nobody's business.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Change over to disk brakes. Best thing I ever did for a commuting bike. All year round cycle commuting eats rims and brake pads like nobody's business.

I have got a couple of proper wet weather bikes with disk brakes that I occasionally use on the commute, but I'm not buying another main commuter bike just for the remaining 3 and a bit months ^_^

Top Bottom