Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Another lovely morning for the commute so I extended it to a bit over 14 miles only to discover that I'd left my building pass & keys at home

I've left my pass in various places- most frequently leave it clipped to my trousers when I hang them up in my locker (I've taken to leaving through the laboratory so I need my pass to get out). Thankfully I can just go to reception and ask for a contractors pass- although it can be tricky if they have a temp working there who doesn't recognise me.

I did once leave my courier bag and laptop at home though! 30 mile commute!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I wear leg warmers in August if it is cool in the morning but I wish I'd gone with bare arms and legs this morning.

biking_fox

Guru
As forecast the joyous days have come to a close for a while. Damp to wet. One car pulling out in front of me sent the heart rate rocketing but we both stopped in time.

Alex321

Guru
Drizzling fairly heavily at the start of the commute today, but cleared up about 1/3 of the way in, and actually quite a pleasant ride.

@Jenkins @palinurus I always keep my building pass in the outside pocket of my Rucksack, along with the key to my bike lock (which stays locked to the stand at the office when I go home), so I can't forget it. But what I do sometimes then do is leave it on my desk as I go for a shower (the shower room is in the lift lobby, so need the pass to get back in), as the strap doesn't go over my helmet, so I carry it until that is off. I then end up having to wait for somebody else to come in to get back to my desk.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
good job i have spare kit as everything is still damp , shoes are sopping wet even though i had overshoes and the lid is in the airing cupboard .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What a difference a day makes. Bit nippy, and the time for long fingered 'lightweight' gloves maybe coming. Bumped into a colleague in the bike shed and we both said the same thing about gloves. Fairly dark at 7am though today, although the cloud has now cleared.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Still very mild down here in the Garden Of Englandshire into SE London but the rain has finally hit. Not heavy rain more of a mizzle, but a wet one never the less. Looking wet for the ride home and for both commutes tomorrow before the weather breaks again looking like its going to be very nice for the weekend.
So gloomy this morning that I had to put lights back on the bike, first time since earlier this year.

So, Rainy commute #34 for the year
same period last year 25 rainy commutes

Jon in Sweden

After a couple of the very light frosts earlier this week, it has been very breezy and mild. I saw that I would have a good tailwind on the way to work this morning, so I put my foot down (so to speak) and averaged 36.9 kph on the flat route to work of 27.5 km. 155 bpm average too!

In a few hours I will have the headwind to look forward to.... 😬

Photo illustrates the aerodynamic issues with my commuting setup 😄

Attachments

• IMG_20231012_064142_4.jpg
    IMG_20231012_064142_4.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom