Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Noticed this too. Saw a little white van on there for the first time yesterday morning, then a few minutes later saw the mess. It was gone by the time I was going home so guess the van was Salford council. It is a beautiful route in general.

The council team are pretty good on there and I always thank them when I see them. It must be like painting the Forth Bridge for them with the amount of rubbish and glass they have to clear on a regular basis.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
just phoned national highways
I reported issues about 2 and a half months ago but nothing ever gets done, i reported it to my mp who passed it on to someone who deals with it and i got a letter telling me to contact the national highways ......
Polite but i really layed it on thick quoting from their own site with the original reports and the fact nothing had been done, made a formal complaint and threatened to raise it further if nothing is done,
The section i use is so bad a few of us have literally been cutting bits back as its pretty much impassable without going onto the dual carriageway ,

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Knew I should've gone in swimming shorts 😂 oh well road it is then
IMG20230724054808.jpg

biking_fox

Guru
South manchester/ Floop much better than expected today. Even a little sunshine! A few small puddles but nothing notable.

Comprehensively dropped by a roadie who was much faster than me. I could just about keep up between the lights when he wasn't trying, but on the first clear stretch he disappeared into the distance.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
glad im on late shift , weather is given to clear up by then

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Was nice and dry down here in South East Londonshire. Missed any rain for the cycle commute in this morning though it did threaten. The heavens opening half an hour after I got into work. Fingers crossed it's dry for the ride home.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
The council team are pretty good on there and I always thank them when I see them. It must be like painting the Forth Bridge for them with the amount of rubbish and glass they have to clear on a regular basis.

I do litter pciking in my local area and its pretty much like that everywhere. Sometimes by the time you go round the block there is more litter.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
What a day and its only 3pm.

I was at an event this morning at a localish train station, as there is nowhere to leave my brompton or laptop there I drove with the brompton in the car and then planned to ride into the city centre from there. Once I was on the bike I realised I had not brought my helmet, so I ended up taking a longer route in to avoid any conflict points.

Once settled in the office after an hour or so something was reported as broken back in the office near my house, remote fix didnt work so I got back on the bike and rode back. Work from home this afternoon though so will be home for my wife and youngest getting in from school.

Top Bottom