Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Chuffin dog owners. Less than a mile from home, riding round the shared parh around a field (official cycle route) two dog owners and two dogs. One starts bounding over (has done this before) then starts snarling and getting very close to my leg. I slam the breaks on with a loud screach and stones flying). Dog stops. I yell 'get your dog under control I'm getting sick of this". Owner gets shirty, and I say Ive witnessed two dog attacks recently, get it under control. She says stop being so nasty. WTF the dog has just tried to bite me.

Her parting shot was 'wait for tomorrow'. Now there were two of them and I was 200 yards away. If she brings a knuckle dragging husband out tomorrow, I'll be cycling through with a rather good phone camera tomorrow.

Less than a mile later, another dog goes for me. At least this little sheite is on a lead and it does it most days.

What is it with shoot dog ownes. Self entitled. God knows what would have been the outcome with a child on a bike.

Other than that, the next 50 plus dog owners I passed were perfect

Dog owners are the reason I avoid shared paths like the plague.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dog owners are the reason I avoid shared paths like the plague.

It's a choice between that or getting my spine broken again going into Manchester ? Car drivers or dog owners ?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Oof, otters pocket from 12pm until 9pm, don't think we are avoiding that. Weds/Thurs looks OK

Got completely drenched yesterday afternoon,didnt help that I had to sit in traffic for a good 10 mins as it tipped it down.add to that a flat caused by a piece of wire that went through and out of the tube leaving 2 holes

Alex321

Guru
Wet weather back with a vengeance! On a plus side still warm but was absolutely drenched by the time I got to work. Weather looks better at the moment for the ride back 🤞

Dry and sunny here on the way in. Forecast says maybe (30% chance) some rain between 15:00 and 16:00, then should be dry again for the ride home. Wind seems to be picking up again though, which bothers me more than rain.

Gwylan

Veteran
Chuffin dog owners. Less than a mile from home, riding round the shared parh around a field (official cycle route) two dog owners and two dogs. One starts bounding over (has done this before) then starts snarling and getting very close to my leg. I slam the brakes on with a loud screech and stones flying. Dog stops. I yell 'get your dog under control I'm getting sick of this". Owner gets shirty, and I say I've witnessed two dog attacks recently, get it under control. She says stop being so nasty. WTF the dog has just tried to bite me.

Her parting shot was 'wait for tomorrow'. Now there were two of them and I was 200 yards away. If she brings a knuckle dragging husband out tomorrow, I'll be cycling through with a rather good phone camera tomorrow.

Less than a mile later, another dog goes for me. At least this little sheite is on a lead and it does it most days.

What is it with shoot dog owners. Self entitled. God knows what would have been the outcome with a child on a bike.

Other than that, the next 50 plus dog owners I passed were perfect. Roll on tomorrow.

My reply has become a variation on " afraid I might hurt the dog when it brings me off my bike".
Working on the " Look take my bike 50m up the road and cycle towards me and your dog. Let's see how that works"

Gwylan

Veteran
Can you pop an old tennis ball in your back pocket, especially when you know you're likely to encounter a mutt like this.

You can lob it at the owner and see if the dog chases the ball instead of you!

Like those chaff launchers that were supposed to confuse HSM

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Dry and sunny here on the way in. Forecast says maybe (30% chance) some rain between 15:00 and 16:00, then should be dry again for the ride home. Wind seems to be picking up again though, which bothers me more than rain.
Hit the nail on the head, I finished work at 15:00 and it was nice and clear but like you say fair bit of wind

biking_fox

Guru
yep nice ride in. Passed a guy on a gyroscope? electric thingy. 1 wheel with footplates, no hands! Took some effort he must have been at the 15mph limit or so. At least he had protective gear on. Looked fun / odd/ dangerous in equal measure!

Taxi deliberately pulled into the cycle lane as I approached the traffic jam so I just rode around the other side. Why do they bother?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well done mouth breathers ! You are not only ruining an amazing route but also basically crapping on your own doorstep !
Roe Green at Little Hulton this morning
IMG_9230.jpeg

Top Bottom