England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Nice ride guy, and nice to meet some new people

Methinks I will be relieved of wayfinding duties after this week given that I thought we would all like a go on the South Circular. Then took Becs up Park Lane on the way back - still, she did very well on it, including the right turn onto Upper Brook Street!

See y'all on Friday

ps: can anyone remember the exact words that the little girl used to describe andy? Was it 'that bike's silly', or just 'look at that silly man'???

I'm pretty sure my breathlessness on the was back was from route-induced fear rather than exertion!
wacko.gif

Thank you everyone for being so kind and looking out for me today - and an extra large thank you to Top Cat 1 who saw me to my door, so I am home safely (and in one piece - again!). Good to meet you Becs, Zimzum42, Martin and Adrian. I have to practice on going up hills - look out Andy we could be doing a hill (if we can find one) in our lunchtime break (you may need a dictionary for that one!!) next week. Happy Sunday - I am grinning from ear to ear. R

Good to see you all today. Nice to see Miranda out again with new girl Becs as well. I had a bit of a mare on the return route. Hadnt felt great all day and my energy just went. Que a decision to follow my instinct and Martin in the distance and not Mr Allsopp and within 10 minutes I got a puncture. 47 miles for me today but feel worse than when I did a ton.

Hopefully make the Friday Night Ride and see you all then.

Todays route below

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/45617993

Clive

Photos? Reportage of the day? Locations?

(Yes I know it was warm and sunny etc...thanks Zim and Adrian for your comms. but I had to make my mind up early. Not even been out THE WHOLE WEEKEND! (But I did pop into the National Portrait Gallery to see the BP and dawdle among the early 20th century Dellzeqq look-a-likes upstairs... :whistle:)

Oh well, roll on tomorrow.
468px-Charles_Dickens_by_Daniel_Maclise.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
Please tell me Craven Cottage was before you got to HPC or after I'd left for South Circular joy? I somehow missed a truck hitting a volvo, I can't have cycled past Craven Cottage without noticing??? :wacko:

I think the football ground thing should still be a go-er. We need to list which grounds are to be included and plan the route.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
ok here's what you missed

raptochic was waiting to cross a road and a truck ran into a volvo right in front of her..........

on the wandsworth one way system raptochic was in the wrong lane and i shouted for her to move over
(which was quite stimulating :girl: ) then had a flat..............

we rode past fulham football ground............

we also rode past Andys' work space.....

and i just had beef and red wine casserole :hungry:

ok here's what you missed

raptochic was waiting to cross a road and a truck ran into a volvo right in front of her..........

on the wandsworth one way system raptochic was in the wrong lane and i shouted for her to move over
(which was quite stimulating :girl: ) then had a flat..............

we rode past craven cottage............

we also rode past Andys' work space.....

and i just had beef and red wine casserole :hungry:

Dave - what make was that mini gas pump please. I got my back wheel up to 80psi and it wasn't enough Can you give us the link?

totally killed my tyre aswell. Should I stick with the Specialized Pro or go for something else? any recommendations peeps?

Dave - what make was that mini gas pump please. I got my back wheel up to 80psi and it wasn't enough Can you give us the link?

totally killed my tyre aswell. Should I stick with the Specialized Pro or go for something else? any recommendations peeps?

Ultremo DD? First impressions are good for me - I hope they fare better than my short lived (this time) Pro 3 Race SCs :sad:

Probably the offroading you did on Hampsted Heath has come back to bite you Clive :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep,
not surprised. the Whitstable ride is one of the popular ones so you have to get in quick. Tip for next time. The list for the next FNRttC goes up the day after the one that has just run.

Top Bottom