England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do these rides still go ahead in the rain? I don't mind getting a bit wet but I'd hate to be waiting at HPC on my own looking like a muppet!
icon_redface.gif

Do these rides still go ahead in the rain? I don't mind getting a bit wet but I'd hate to be waiting at HPC on my own looking like a muppet!
icon_redface.gif

Hi Becs, normally come rain or shine someone is out although Big Martin is particularly precious over his ride and does not normally like to get any particles of anything attached to it. He also feels the cold a fair bit
icon_wink.gif

Metcheck shows showers but still warm so it should be ok. If you can check back on this thread before you leave as we generally post before we leave in the morning. Me and the Bromley lot have to meet at 0830 so you will probably have a good idea of numbers by 730-8ish

No doubt Little Martin will be along with some words of insanity wisdom shortly

See you in the morning

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hi Becs, normally come rain or shine someone is out although Big Martin is particularly precious over his ride and does not normally like to get any particles of anything attached to it. He also feels the cold a fair bit
icon_wink.gif

Excuse me, Nanuk of the North, I'm the only one who allows his bike out in anything other than glorious sunshine without feeling the need to bring a year's supply of babywipes with me! And as for the cold..........:biggrin:

I'll be the one in the sleeveless top!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Looks like its going to be a wet one. Metcheck says showers all day but still dry in Bromely......

BBC now saying sunny all day. Dry here in Welling. If you set off now Clive, you might get to the DT for 8.30 :rolleyes:

BBC now saying sunny all day. Dry here in Welling. If you set off now Clive, you might get to the DT for 8.30 :rolleyes:

Just having breakfast and dealing with the kids ! Will endeavor to be on time

If it rains then I may do a ride through at HPC then hook straight back to Bromley but lets see how we go.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Thanks all for a good ride. 45 miles for me, little sun, but very hot out there. No accidents to report this time, excepting the single spontaneous destruction of a truck grille via unexpected application of a Volvo. All unfolded (or folded, for the truck) infront of Miranda, but even I'm tempted to say it wasn't her fault :smile:

Fair on, she was on the pavement at the time. :smile:

Good to meet you Becca. You are tall.

Andy.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Where was this truck incident then???

Good ride all. Good to meet you, Becs and Miranda. Hope you come on other rides.

I clocked just short of 55 miles for the day so not so bad.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Where was this truck incident then???

On the way up one of the steeper sections, M lost momentum and ended up hopping off and making her way to the top in a 24" gear.

Crossroads at the top saw her on the pavement, waiting to cross on the green man when suddenly passing traffic got spooked by a red light.

Volvo threw on the anchors. Trailing lorry did the same, only less so, and a touch later. Unexpected moral of story: trucks are softer than volvos.

Top Bottom