England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
The balloon regatta status has been upgraded to green with a final check of wind speed at 3pm. Assuming it goes ahead I’m aiming to be in London Town around 6.30am and will be hunting them down from there.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I’ll be around from 4.30am hoping to get some early morning shots of London. They say they’ll be heading towards Bromley/Orpington from 6am-ish so Clapham Common between 6-6.30am and we’ll see from there.

rb58

Enigma
4.30 and it’s raining

Cancelled at the last minute. It was raining when I woke up, so I went back to bed and went up to Putney an hour or so later. Next weekend is the last chance this year I think. Mid-range weather forecast looks promising, but I'm sure it'll change before then :laugh:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I had a short ride along the river at 6am and there were groups of people on the bridges looking toward Battersea. Then I had a p****** 5 minutes from home.

rb58

Enigma
Apparently the balloon regatta was postponed on Sunday because the wind direction would have taken the balloons straight down the Thames and out to sea!
Weather forecast looks good for Sunday though.

rb58

Enigma
The Reggatta has been stood down for tomorrow. Winds not strong enough to get the balloons far enough away from London to land safely.
However they are looking if they can find another date this year.

Top Bottom