England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:biggrin: Don't forget des - this ride has a component of desperate men who have 'just popped out for a paper dear' and done a superman quick change in a nearby telephone box, unearthed their cached racing machines and can escape for a while - to breathe in that diesel, feel that tang of coffee, and harvest the latest gossip etc - before returning homeward to lashings of mint sauce accompanied by potatoes and fluffy, happy, peaceful, heartwarming bouncy lambs! ;)

It's London - it's good fun.:biggrin:

des.o

Veteran
wow, much more deep and meaningful than I had thought. Sounds cool - I can do desperate... superman may be beyond me though.
Aperitif said:
:smile: Don't forget des - this ride has a component of desperate men who have 'just popped out for a paper dear' and done a superman quick change in a nearby telephone box, unearthed their cached racing machines and can escape for a while - to breathe in that diesel, feel that tang of coffee, and harvest the latest gossip etc - before returning homeward to lashings of mint sauce accompanied by potatoes and fluffy, happy, peaceful, heartwarming bouncy lambs! :girl:

It's London - it's good fun.:smile:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Hey folks it might be worth swinging by "Look Mum no hands" on Old Street. There's going to be some Condor and Mavik goodies up for grabs together with live and repeat showings of TdF. They'll also be showing off the ultra-limited edition (2 bikes) Condor Baracchi Mavic this Sunday.

HaloJ said:
Hey folks it might be worth swinging by "Look Mum no hands" on Old Street. There's going to be some Condor and Mavik goodies up for grabs together with live and repeat showings of TdF. They'll also be showing off the ultra-limited edition (2 bikes) Condor Baracchi Mavic this Sunday.

"We could get photo of the posse in front of whatever..."From Rougher to Rapha on a Sunday"

Yellow is always 'difficult' for a bike colour I think...

Aperitif said:
:angry: Don't forget des - this ride has a component of desperate men who have 'just popped out for a paper dear' and done a superman quick change in a nearby telephone box, unearthed their cached racing machines and can escape for a while - to breathe in that diesel, feel that tang of coffee, and harvest the latest gossip etc - before returning homeward to lashings of mint sauce accompanied by potatoes and fluffy, happy, peaceful, heartwarming bouncy lambs! ;)

It's London - it's good fun.:angry:

dont forget we need to be home in time for the grand prix then the footie:biggrin:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
You riding today Dave?

I'm feeling very tired this morning, had a pootle with Sig yesterday to GP, sat in the shade and had a beer at the pub at the entrance to the park
crikey was it hot.

May be out later

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just floating this up in t'air as someone mentioned the idea of a Kent run one Sunday. How about Chartwell? Home of Winston Churchill etc. Could go there via Westerham (nice pub, or certainly used to be) and back up Polhill. Works out around 53 miles, up to the Bromley people whether or not to ride to HPC or have a pickup at DT (my choice is HPC)

Anyway just an idea, feel free to pick holes in it. :rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Mart,
that does sounds very nice, however it's not too convenient for people coming in from other parts of London. We can't expect them to hop down to the DP for 8.30.
We are already meeting Des-o at HPC.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hi Mart,
that does sounds very nice, however it's not too convenient for people coming in from other parts of London. We can't expect them to hop down to the DP for 8.30.

Hiya Ian

I wasn't thinking of tomorrow, Clive wants to be back for the Grand Prix anyways and also I was thinking we'd keep the same HPC at 9.30 meet, just head into Kent afterwards instead.

Anyways not to worry, t'was only an idea. See you tomorrow at the DT.

M

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Hi Mart,

Hiya Ian

I wasn't thinking of tomorrow, Clive wants to be back for the Grand Prix anyways and also I was thinking we'd keep the same HPC at 9.30 meet, just head into Kent afterwards instead.

M

you can do it as a day ride, pick a weekend add it to the london & home counties thread

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh right, gotcha mate... yep as Topcat say's, maybe a good idea to set it up as a day ride. Perhaps with a pub stop halfway etc.
Let's talk about it tomorrow,
Hi Mart,

Hiya Ian

M

Oh right, gotcha mate... yep as Topcat say's, maybe a good idea to set it up as a day ride. Perhaps with a pub stop halfway etc.
Let's talk about it tomorrow,
Hi Mart,

Hiya Ian

M

We have spoken about this a couple of times.....Use Bromley Sarrf as a possible meet point then ride to the hills. So many things we could work into the route from Biggin Hill to Lullingstone Roman Villa. I think we should consider it as a weekend ride.

Anyways. I am just getting my longs and arm warmers ready for tomorrow morning. Its been a little chilly today
cold.gif

Top Bottom