England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes - I was thinking a Brixton, Streatham, Ilford loop...

North - South on the Woolwich Ferry would be nice, up the hill, into GP again, through to someplace else, return to HPC and then Martin can turn round and go home...:biggrin: Know the way Dave?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Aperitif said:

North - South on the Woolwich Ferry would be nice, up the hill, into GP again, through to someplace else, return to HPC and then Martin can turn round and go home...;) Know the way Dave?

;) funny that, i might be doing a ferry loop with Sig on friday lunch time ilford-ish
ferry gp and back on the ferry

martint235

Dog on a bike
Aperitif said:

North - South on the Woolwich Ferry would be nice, up the hill, into GP again, through to someplace else, return to HPC and then Martin can turn round and go home...;) Know the way Dave?

Hardly picturesque sounding but should be fun. Unfortunately I'm now a bit of a doubt for Sunday, picked up a nasty ear infection so i'll have to see if it clears.;)

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Aperitif said:
Poor Clive - I can imagine the 'phone call:

"Oh hello dear, I'm in Kosovo- the locals think I'm firing at them because I haven't oiled my rear mech...I have given away all my winter clothing as a peace offering brrrrr..." :smile:

haha that's brilliant

Aperitif said:

North - South on the Woolwich Ferry would be nice, up the hill, into GP again, through to someplace else, return to HPC and then Martin can turn round and go home...:evil: Know the way Dave?

Now what's this? Talk of heading Saaaarrrfff...aren't you afraid of all the guns Teef?

Got a lot of unpacking to do so when that's all sorted I should be able to get a pass for a Sunday ride again!

Don't confuse it with your ski pass Grace - winter is a comin'! ;)

Another thought I had today was a brisk ride Westwards to Windsor. Out via Staines, criss-crossing the Thames, follow water and watch people at play then - either up Priest Hill and into the Windsor Great Park for a big lap then out and back, or hit the town centre, (drop in to Her Maj. Villas for 'scons' and tea) then circuit around Datchet and back into / out of London.
(This is a thought further to the 'not very scenic' comment by m'learned friend above :biggrin:). Some big views of 'landscape London' for Dave too!

Smiths Lawn polo is a delight...sweaty meets Betty over a Pimms, and is a nice people watching afternoon ride...

An industrial morning tour beckons too. Wembley stadium, Twickenham, Wimbledon, The Olympic Stadium, ArsenalStamford Bridge...(how about it Ian? :biggrin:)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
If you go to Windsor then we can do Eton too, it's quite pretty!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ah head out west again for the Parks ride version 2? High tea anyone?!!

I bet that as soon as I get out again it'll be pouring cats and dogs. Have all the bikes back again - need to pump up tyres and give them an overall health check etc - they're hanging proudly in the hallway...ah bliss

des.o

Veteran
Chaps & chapesses - is this open for new entrants? Am hoping to escape the clutches/trials of organising a family bash on Saturday and a pre world cup final Sunday spin west sounds nice. Is it the standard HPC meeting place - time?

Cheers Des

Yeah - bundle in Des - HPC - usually around 09:30 (then find me heading S. somewhere in the Park ;)) So far we like Greenwich and then the Woolwich ferry for strict London + spacious café point. The ride back into London was great last week, past Canary Wharf until enveloped by the commerce once again...would be good to do it 'en masse'. "Sunday Massive Goes Boating"

des.o

Veteran
Cheers Martin - 9:30 sounds very civilised.... I'm a probable, but will post if things conspire against. If you're interested I've got the meandering BHF london to Windsor Park route etched on my memory, but east or west all sounds good.

Top Bottom