England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
"Are people riding tomorrow?" says Andy, exiting a post-night-feed fug and realising he may *actually* be free for one of these.

Clive's out of action, but if there are others I'm good.

arallsopp

Hmmmm... Its looking awful quiet around here. Will head up to the dripping tap for 0830, and pause for a while. If nobody shows, I may well head home.

Unless anyone's headed to HPC?

Hi Andy - I don't think there will be too many this morning.:smile: Late ride last night, my tyre is in need of a bit of surgery, Ian was riding Stu home to Portsmouth to make up the day totals and Dave was going to bathe in a bottle of rum, doing his bit to support the Barbados Sugar Cane Growers Club.
I might ride up later, when I have cleaned my tyres :laugh:

All the suspects are online.
And Mista 'Mick' Preston too!
Big Martin wants someone to play Shooters Hill Serenade with him!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I feel like a pootle out to the ferry again, may be go along the greenway- stratford take the ferry and ride back on the south side?

arallsopp

Lol! How many opportunities will you get to see your mum sink?

Nah. You want to be there. Just as I am quite liking sitting in the arch. It does focus the breeze. :tongue:

Can't do a McPiss in your honour, but will try to smuggle the bike into the park loos.

A.

arallsopp

Right, am off to the park for a nature break, then targeting Dalston to drop by some friends. I think :tongue:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
missed you by 10 minutes Andy, my legs only had 10 miles in them today so i just did a run along the river

arallsopp said:
Lol! How many opportunities will you get to see your mum sink?

Nah. You want to be there. Just as I am quite liking sitting in the arch. It does focus the breeze. ;)

Can't do a McPiss in your honour, but will try to smuggle the bike into the park loos.

A.

glad you made it out Mr A. Today was not as bad as I had anticipated, still a weekend of miles has been missed. I shall be back next weekend

arallsopp

Darn! Sorry about that Dave. Would have been good to see you.

If it helps, I had a wonderful ride. 43 miles door to door, pausing at HPC for the horses, and again somewhere near Dalston with friends who live out that way. 16mph average throughout, and the luck of the lights on the way out.

Much sun out there, so particularly pleased to get home and find the neighbours opposite had bought a slush puppy machine for their marquee business. They'd wanted to test it out, and the smallest pack was good for 100+ pints.

Met me in the street with an invite to bring whatever cups we had.

Mmmmmmm:smile:

Needless to say, I now have red skin and a blue tongue.

Top Bottom