England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I got up early today polished me shoes
and went for a sunday ride

eugio0.jpg

shot up to the alley pally

23lyuir.jpg

nuff said

717bsw.jpg

great view from here

then headed into town meet the cycle chat boys
and head over to greenwich via ians' office

1zp5m6r.jpg

another great view

abmjya.jpg

how far can you go on those?

the group split and we took the ferry home
n5g5yd.jpg

......... ........ view

16i79qg.jpg

we joined the london bikeathoners for the ride back into town

2u7x8nn.jpg

2uqho90.jpg

i love these london rides

http://tinypic.com/a/23vpi/3

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've looked on Bike Hike (not allowed to save anymore apparently) but came up with a route through Sevenoaks and Tonbridge rather than down the A20 all the way. Any ideas on a different mapping site?

Shaun

Founder
Shame I live so far North - you all look like you have lots of fun on your Sunday rides. :sad:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
martint235 said:
Yeah but we were having misgivings about the A20 possibly being a bit too busy
early Sunday the A20 is not too bad - and I'd ride a long way to miss Sevenoaks.

The faster traffic goes on to the M20. Wrotham (pronounced Rootem) Hill is quite something - one of the longest fastest descents in southern England.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Susie and I have been past Woolwich a good deal on Sunday mornings and ferries were there none....so it might be worth a check.

Good ferry site Zimzum - the wealth of things to see at that part of the Thames is amazing.
The return route after the ferry crossing brought plenty of sights, showing that there is a vast amount of work underway around Canary Wharf, a lot of rubble around - and a scale of buildings which contrasted nicely with our tour, then exit from the spacious Greenwich Park.
Then suddenly, a plane slips from the sky and floats gently into City Airport, the O2 Dome nudges a reminder of millenium times and new meets old as we head inwards!
The river is majestic - the crossing offering yet another vista beyond the Thames Barrier.
Still thinking of those people slugging away on their charity ride...hard going in that heat.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You partying the night strutting your stuff again Clive.

Not going to be about either. Think best I rest after the Loughborough to London excursion on Saturday

Top Bottom