England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Aperitif said:
Came back from Whitstable up that with Lee last year...bit of a pig for a Sabbath, Martin! :biggrin:

Biggin Hill air show this weekend also - watch out for flies.

Is it?? Bugger! I was going to go out round Biggin Hill/Farnborough tomorrow morning. Traffic will be a nightmare :eek:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep,
it's a nightmare during the show.
I've seen traffic backed up on the A21 all the way to the M25. And can imagine the same down to Westerham.

martint235 said:
Is it?? Bugger! I was going to go out round Biggin Hill/Farnborough tomorrow morning. Traffic will be a nightmare :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
ianrauk said:
Yep,
it's a nightmare during the show.

Hi Ian mate, what time roughly does it start being a problem? I'd normally expect to be at Biggin Hill at 8.30, back on the A21 at Green Street Green 8.45/9am, will I escape the traffic ?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Right. Looks like I'm waving off the FNRttC tonight, so *might* get a pass for Sunday. Never can tell... :smile:

Can hear Biggin Hill warming up now. The lanes on event - 1 are normally pretty good. Little traffic. Quiet. The occasional airborne surprise. Can't see me getting out that way today though, so probably take Ted in the trailer/car tomorrow.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
martint235 said:
Hi Ian mate, what time roughly does it start being a problem? I'd normally expect to be at Biggin Hill at 8.30, back on the A21 at Green Street Green 8.45/9am, will I escape the traffic ?

You should be fine at that time.

martint235

Dog on a bike
BentMikey said:
You should be fine at that time.

Cheers.

And I was, just. Went past the airport just before 8 and there was already traffic queueing to get in. They'd coned off the approach lane and put huge yellow signs up with lane markings saying "Airshow" and "Through traffic". There seem to be an amazing number of people who can't read though cos they kept switching lanes between the cones.;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right.
Back from the FNRttC. So on to tommorow

8.30am at the Dripping Tap peeps.
Probs head for Greenwich again to have a coffee in warmer weather.
See you then.

Top Bottom