England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Found out last night that I forgot to turn off the dynamo when exiting Rotherhithe Tunnel.

At least that settles the whole 'how much drag on a SON' argument for a while. Its negligible. Anyone wanting to test the theory, switch on front and rear lamps, then have Ben chase you up Bromley Hill. :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No Sunday ride this eek good people by the looks of things. I can't make this week chaps.. and I know that Mista Preston is off to foreign climes and Arallsopp will have Arallsopp Jnr Mk II..

ianrauk said:
No Sunday ride this eek good people by the looks of things. I can't make this week chaps.. and I know that Mista Preston is off to foreign climes and Arallsopp will have Arallsopp Jnr Mk II..

booo ;)

Back the following Sunday for sure ! :smile:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Nor for me sorry, friends visiting from overseas, gotta be tourguide - the ride would have been a good way though!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Haloj, is that link your commute?
You work round the corner from sig, how cool is that!

So it looks like i don't have to ride to bromley this week, does anyone fancy a pootle either to ally pally or richmond park, we can still see the guards swing round to big ben then either go along the river to putney/richmond or go by liverpool st and go up to the pally.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
topcat1 said:
Haloj, is that link your commute?
You work round the corner from sig, how cool is that!

Yup. :smile: It's not a bad part of the city although I do miss working in the West End but my purse most certainly does not. :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right good peeps. I may be back in action for this... Will know friday if I can make it or not.. so fingers crossed and will hopefully see you at HPC

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
We're in, HPC archy thingie at 9:30?

Wellington Archy Thingy! :biggrin:
One way to Richmond Park might be through BentMikey's playground, past the Albert Memorial, Queens Gate to South Ken, Kings Road, Putney Hill, hang a right at the top and drift to Roehampton to see seminal architecture. And into the Park, circuit anti-clock to an out onto the A3, direction Clapham Common etc :biggrin:...or continue around and out at Star and Garter Hill, drift through Richmond to Kew and head back townwards via Chi-chi Chiswick, Westfield and Notting Hill, dropping to Lancaster Gate and HPk. again...
One or two nice slopes!
(I might be working :biggrin:)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
arallsopp said:
That was a fittingly wonderful component to an excellent weekend, and what should be my last CC (caffeine and chat) ride for a couple of weeks.

Sorry I had to peel off without saying goodbye properly. Clive and I were cutting it fairly fine to get back to our loved ones at home, and ejection from the good books of either would likely preclude our coming out to play again :biggrin:

Nice to get some miles in, catch up with friends, and put faces to usernames. Would also like to say how nice it was to find 3 other bentriders in town (including two super spanky Innesenti trikes on a pootle around the park) but unfortunately I can't as they were a deeply unsociable bunch and didn't want to speak to us. :biggrin:

I wonder if the Innesenti riders were Mr Innes himself and his partner? Not good.......

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Was it Aperitif or ianrauk who had the impossibly clean bike?

Whoever it was, you sir, have stopped me from riding all week.

I felt so ashamed at the state of my sprocket (note the singular all you slow boys with gears :laugh: ) that I gave mine a proper clean, and now I dare not take it out for a ride cos it's going to get all dirty again in a flash on these mean streets in central...

grrrrrr

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
*cough* :laugh:

zimzum42 said:

I felt so ashamed at the state of my sprocket (note the singular all you slow boys with gears :laugh: ) that I gave mine a proper clean, and now I dare not take it out for a ride cos it's going to get all dirty again in a flash on these mean streets in central...

grrrrrr

zimzum42 said:

grrrrrr

Not me guv! I never clean my bikes.:laugh:
Besides, mine was covered in merde from the M25 - not top of the list to remove when I surfaced on Sun am.
Now Ian, who has nothing to do except watch the white dot in the middle of the screen until the football starts again MAY have cleaned his bike for the fifth time in a week...:laugh:

Top Bottom