England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mista Preston said:
I made it home bang on 1pm

It was great to see you all today i think the number of people is a record for the Sunday ride.

A different route out to see the Canary made for a nice change metinks plus the weather held. Next time we need to fully tour the area

Approx 40 miles today but the heat took its toll on me on the run home.

Thanks for a great ride everyone

Told you not to go for the thermal pants Clive.

I have been refreshed by Shepherd Neame's finest (well, partially) and will get to a ride report...after another beer)

wv31ag.jpg

New arrivals at the CycleChat ball - HaloJ and martok (stick with the avatar martok :tongue: - only joking) Interestingly, the two-way walkie-talkie headsets serve a dual purpose; Halo is the boss and will dispense information into the microphone to alert martok to unforseen difficulties (like a bar with no beer etc). I understand why they have these. There is no point being fit and both racing off to the front because one can have an 'ear to ear' conversation. Better to stay a long way back and perceive the value of such items...(clever thinking martok...) (By the way, you're not being called Andy on this forum...far too many Andys on CC - oh yes!) :smile:

k1s6co.jpg

A pair of Her Majesty's finest. We are getting used to this guard of honour -
particularly so today when we had all the young dudes out to play (and me)

30lnbte.jpg

'Beano' and 'the dandy of CycleChat carbon' exchange a few bon mots before
adjourning to the Hyde Park conveniences (it was a group thing by the way...:o)

10y1lih.jpg

Pic of the day - a living exposition of that all the poster says!

33a4hed.jpg

CC posse with today's target in the background - a meander around Canary Wharf - oh to have the glazing contract for that part of town!

1060mfd.jpg

Zimzum, who doesn't look a day over 42 :biggrin:

2it5yx0.jpg

Ben upstages the CycleChat coffee stop with Carluccio's finest! (I thought Carluccio was a fungus man myself, but there's not mushroom to put any on that plate of piggy!)

5euxw2.jpg

Cool or what? Dave gives everyone a sartorial clue as to why he's called 'top cat' in the CC fraternity. It can only mean one thing - a new bike with Campagnolo mechanics is imminent!

In summary: We like the East route to the 'city within a city' of Canary Wharf. Carluccios is definitely upmarket for this series of rides. We can do that again as a Sunday Morning, (Non)- Critical Mass(ive). In summary, it was lovely to see a bigger group, particularly the three new ones, particularly Ben and Lee - it's the parts that make the whole. Remember, if you want to come along, we don't do anything, there's nothing to prove (unless it gets captured on video) and the idea is a mutual relaxation that doesen't eat into one's whole day - remember, the fertile Kentish lands of the Mothercare Massive cries out around midday! And everyone goes home and gets on with stuff.
Oh - and today, we were privileged to sit amongst an exhibition of cars - such is life in the City of Glass...:smile:
And, finally, in summary, the presence of Zimzum for the first time encouraged a new atmosphere for the sedate Sunday rides - racing down the road on the rivet! Fixed!! He admitted he was a speed freak later in the day - what a nice boy - wasted in Central London, needs to be near a speedboat or an F1 circuit I feel! :sad:
I made a short video of the sort of thing he has started to encourage...I love you all :smile: :smile:
My legs ache, in that nice, glowing fashion, now - all that dancing I suppose!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
And, finally, in summary, the presence of Zimzum for the first time encouraged a new atmosphere for the sedate Sunday rides - racing down the road on the rivet! Fixed!! He admitted he was a speed freak later in the day - what a nice boy - wasted in Central London, needs to be near a speedboat or an F1 circuit I feel! :becool:
I made a short video of the sort of thing he has started to encourage...I love you all :becool: :wacko:
My legs ache, in that nice, glowing fashion, now - all that dancing I suppose!
LOL

I think Lee likes to go fast just as much, but I didn't think we were going quick at all! Your legs look like you sit on 110rpm all day anyway!:angry:

Love the video, so appropriate, there's bikes in there, a truck for Lee, we just need more dancing girlies on the rides!

[QUOTE

10y1lih.jpg

Pic of the day - a living exposition of that all the poster says!

[/QUOTE]

great Pic Martin. Great group also that made the day today

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
What a great morning, thanks a lot people!!

...still gutted I didn't set that Gatso off. 65.1kph should have been enough. Time for a tinfoil hat perhaps.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
10y1lih.jpg

By the left we have..
Zimzum, TopCat, User3143, Ianrauk, Arallsopp, Haloj, Martok, Mista Preston, Benborp & Mista Preston's steed.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
lazy day for me today must be the heat, met up with the massive
ian andy clive bentmikey and ben

yes a very nice ride today, now i know who zimzum is :evil: ben was looking well, good to see lee and very nice to meet martok and haloj

it didn't rain, no wind, no hills, no gravel, perfect

35a12fd.jpg

here's martin (incase you forgot wot he looks like)

http://tinypic.com/a/1godv/3

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
And my mate Glenn's butt.

A grand morning out. Thanks for a great ride everybody. 40+ miles goes by very easily in CC company.
It's been a while since I last managed to get out on a group ride so I really appreciated making re-acquaintances and meeting some people for the first time. Cheers everyone.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
That was a fittingly wonderful component to an excellent weekend, and what should be my last CC (caffeine and chat) ride for a couple of weeks.

Sorry I had to peel off without saying goodbye properly. Clive and I were cutting it fairly fine to get back to our loved ones at home, and ejection from the good books of either would likely preclude our coming out to play again :rolleyes:

Nice to get some miles in, catch up with friends, and put faces to usernames. Would also like to say how nice it was to find 3 other bentriders in town (including two super spanky Innesenti trikes on a pootle around the park) but unfortunately I can't as they were a deeply unsociable bunch and didn't want to speak to us. :smile:

Top Bottom