England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sounds a good idea Zimzum.. looking at heading east anyway.. so let's see how far we get before we have to stop Mista preston turning into a pumpkin..

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'll try to be at HPC for 9.30. Don't wait up too long for me if I fail to appear though!

Martok

Klingon on a bike
ianrauk said:
On another note.. weather now looking very good.
See you at Bromley DT at 8.30, Wellington Arch HPC at about 9.30ish..

Toot Toot!!
Been for a ride to the Coy Carp in Harefield today to meet Norm and we're up for some more cycling tomorrow. We'll be at Wellington Arch HPC for 9.30ish. ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
no worries mate. To be honest we don't usually wait around too long anyway and need to get moving for the reason I mentioned above.

zimzum42 said:
I'll try to be at HPC for 9.30. Don't wait up too long for me if I fail to appear though!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
iLB said:
p1ssing it down here, off to derby in a bit for a race :laugh: enjoy.

Great weather all day although a little overcast but a lovely ride out with everyone. :sad: Really nice to meet you all and put faces to names.

Abs

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Wow - Did a few laps of the Regent's Park afterwards, after a morning's cruising I wasn't in the frame of mind for the group I got into. Flipping geared bikes!!!!

Good to meet you all, hope to see you again soon, boozy saturday nights allowing!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well that's the remainder of last night Chicken Jalfrezi polished off.
Another great Cycle Chat Bromley Massive ride. At the Dripping Tap was Myself, BentMikey, Arallsopp, Mista Preston, Benborp and Topcat.
A speedy ride into London where at HPC we were joined by User3143, Zimzum, HaloJ, Martok & fresh from his sojourn around the M25, the Mighty Aperitif.
11 in all, the most we have had on one of these rides. So into Hyde Park, as usual first stop was for those with weak bladders. A lap of the Park completed and BentMikey was off to work. Back to the Wellington Arch, on to Buck House, down the Mall, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Parliament Square where we did a left, left onto Embankment following the Thames to the Docklands where coffee was had at Canary Wharf.. of course my coffee was made from jumping coffee beans as the cup decided to throw itself in the general direction of Martok.. you can't take some people anywhere can you?. Coffee had, it was time to head back. Arallsopp, Mista Preston and Benborp split to head south through the Rotherhite Tunnel the rest of us carried on to London Bridge where it was my turn to turn South and head for home. The others carried on to.....

A great ride, the weather held, 11 riders, new faces and old.. always a pleasure riding with Cycle Chat peeps. 50 miles for me.. en avant.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
The others carried on to.....
Over Blackfriars, lost Lee there... TC went at Westminster Bridge.

Embankment, Traf Sq, TCR, Camden, then I went round the park a few times then home...

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
The others carried on.....

.....after a quick lap of Borough Market and headed back North over Blackfriars Bridge. Lee made an escape whilst the remaining bunch headed West along Victoria Embankment losing TopCat as we turned North for Trafalgar Square. Four left filtering the busy traffic up through Tottenham Court Road and Camden where we lost Zimzum. Onwards through Chalk Farm and onto the final part of my normal commute. I burst off ahead but lost Aperitif as he turned off although he kindly waited and bid farewell to Martok. Then with myself and Martok reunited we continued up through Hampstead and sped down Bishops Avenue making a break for home.

I made it home bang on 1pm

It was great to see you all today i think the number of people is a record for the Sunday ride.

A different route out to see the Canary made for a nice change metinks plus the weather held. Next time we need to fully tour the area

Approx 40 miles today but the heat took its toll on me on the run home.

Thanks for a great ride everyone

Top Bottom