England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
ianrauk said:
Be good to see you both on a ride one Sunday..
As long as you're gentle with a newbie like me, I've only got a Trek 7200 hybrid and can't do a gazillion miles an hour like HaloJ!

:biggrin:
mini_r_bl.gif

HaloJ said:
Heh, I recognise that height profile although I normally climb past Hampstead station rather than across the heath. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/34853470

With the weather looking unpleasant and a promise of doing the gardening I bailed (I slept in as well). Myself and Martok shall be along to a Sunday ride soon though.

Abs

Too easy, minimal tyre damage, no packs of dogs, funfairs and a certain je ne sais quoi is absent;)
We were tempted to rap on a door or two along 'The Bish' to see if there was a coffee available - topcat having relived his schooldays earlier was feeling a little faint...

These rides are subtitled: 'The Culture Club'

arallsopp said:
I *may* be around.

Weather looks decidedly bad at present for this Sunday. I also cant get a pass past 13.00 either so the Doc's ride is off.

May, just may go on the Bigfoot ride to the hills of kent on Saturday morning to ride in the sun as my boy is out with the grandparents or is anyone else up for a Saturday am jaunt?!

I'm going to play bicycles with the traffic round the M25 - the traffic doesn't know this yet. Too good a forecast to tumble around town.
Sunday, I will haul myself out and see my public in London - and people watch somewhere.
I thought it was only the Sunday evening thunderstorms that were threatening Clive?
(As it will be only 28 degrees C, You'll be wearing your biblongs, waterproof jacket, 3 base layers and thermal pants anyway - oh and the earwarmers with Thinsulate hat...)
;)

Aperitif said:
I'm going to play bicycles with the traffic round the M25 - the traffic doesn't know this yet. Too good a forecast to tumble around town.
Sunday, I will haul myself out and see my public in London - and people watch somewhere.
I thought it was only the Sunday evening thunderstorms that were threatening Clive?
(As it will be only 28 degrees C, You'll be wearing your biblongs, waterproof jacket, 3 base layers and thermal pants anyway - oh and the earwarmers with Thinsulate hat...)
B)

Metacheck is showing rain all day so I guess it will be ample chance to test out my 6 layer jersey idea that I have been toying with plus roll out the winter bike !

Ian, the Bigfoot ride is normally 8ish from old hayes. If the consensus is still ride on sunday then sunday it is ?! I know that I cant do both.

Sounds cool - if I am alive, would it be nice to find a café open under the Canary Wharf tower, or Borough, or The Embankment. or Tower Hill et le Cornichon (sorry - just been watching iLB's 'night on the tiles' video in P & L :blush:)
Dunno.
I have a bag of gravel and will throw it on the road if need be...:laugh:

Martok said:
So, would that be Hyde Park Corner at 9.30ish (10.00 :laugh: ) ? If so, HaloJ and I will be up for it. :angry:

yep that sounds about right. Check the thread in the morning before you leave to see if any changes have occurred plus some more ramblings from teef :blush:

Top Bottom