England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another nice Bromley Massive ride. 61 miles for the day. Huge amount of tourists about today. Sorry Andy, by the time we got to Bromley it would have been too late to get to yours for tea seeing at Teddy has beddy byes at that time.

I totally forgot I was going out this afternoon so just got home now with one very sore hamstring. I got pulled around todays ride by Ian, Andy and Dave and I really felt it from the off. Thanks guys for putting up with me and making sure I wasnet left behind. We started with some rain, me being late a story of 2 new bikes one of which a PX Nanolight that I am looking forward to seeing:biggrin:

The weather eased although still windy but my 5 hours sleep and lack of cycling was killing me. :blush:As Ian said London was full of tourists and as the summer sets in I think it will get busier still.

The lack of carbon for me today means I am really feeling tiered now as opposed to 2 weeks ago when I felt fine after the ride. Interesting that my average was again 14.1 which was the same as 2 weeks ago on the carbon jobby.

Anyhow just shy of 38miles for me. I am going out for a little scoot tommorow night and again hopefully in the week to attempt to start getting decent mileage in the week to give me a half a chance at staying in contact with you lotxx(

See you all next week and have a good ride for those who are going tomorrow.

fenman

good ride today in quattro sportive matt, dave, tim,rob.and self stated in first wave and set a good pace roads dried after 30miles so started to settle in to some hard work it was well signed at all junctions. feed stations well stocked. head wind from kimbolton to the finnish. 83.65miles ave 17.2mph. next one in two weeks the rutland anybody else riding it?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes Fenman, thank you for the above post. Sorry we did not bump into you as we wound our way along the A21, New Cross, Vauxhall and Hyde Park...:reading::laugh:

ianrauk said:
Yes Fenman, thank you for the above post. Sorry we did not bump into you as we wound our way along the A21, New Cross, Vauxhall and Hyde Park...:wacko::laugh:

they wouldnt have been able to keep up with me :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep of course..

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm not riding this one, will hope to be back at some point.

I might be around Woolwich parts if anyone's around that way- let me know via phone as tea/coffee is always a good plan :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Guys.. change of plan.. seeing as sunday weather is looking good... we re off out visiting relations for the day...

ianrauk said:
Guys.. change of plan.. seeing as sunday weather is looking good... we re off out visiting relations for the day...

have fun Mr Ian.

I will be at the DT for 0845 for whom ever wishes to meet. Weather looks good but not a nice as today

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I've been working on the nano all day , trying to route the brake cable in the frame :biggrin: . Just needs bar tape and a test ride.

I'm knackered, let you know in the morning , if i don't reply i'm still sleeping.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Button thread and a dyson, Dave. Sorts almost everything.

When I wake tomorrow, I'll be searching for oil and maybe swapping out the rear brake pads. Chain needs lubing. Brakes need to be euthanised. Bets are, I either don't turn up, or I arrive and can't stop :biggrin:

Top Bottom