England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I *may* be there - don't know yet - if someone could text me saturday I can probably confirm then.

Mark - sounds like you're having a good one - picked up for work? Watch you don't start spreading sideways!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ah when I posted..completely disregarded the fact that I've got a chest infection at the moment. Hmm maybe not, I suppose the wise thing to do is to rest onSunday. See you guys on one soon. Let me know by text if it's happening as not got reliable net access these days.

ianrauk said:
Good stuff matey peep... I will be there

Ian, how many miles is it from yours to the DT. I am "thinking" of heading out a little earlier to attempt to get some longer mileage in my legs, as i need to start pushing it a little further so may take a spin up your way prior to the meet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Will do no problems.. you get better y'hear!

ttcycle said:
Ah when I posted..completely disregarded the fact that I've got a chest infection at the moment. Hmm maybe not, I suppose the wise thing to do is to rest onSunday. See you guys on one soon. Let me know by text if it's happening as not got reliable net access these days.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
4 miles...whats your plan?

Mista Preston said:
Ian, how many miles is it from yours to the DT. I am "thinking" of heading out a little earlier to attempt to get some longer mileage in my legs, as i need to start pushing it a little further so may take a spin up your way prior to the meet.

ianrauk said:
4 miles...whats your plan?

Totally depends on weather (which is looking bad at the mo) and my ability to get some sleep on Sat night :smile:

I may take the run up to the Badgers Mount roundabout setting off at 0745 and swing back via you then head to the DT for 0845 so essentially head out earlier to get some miles in. That would add about 10 ish miles to my run which would mean I would be at 45-50 miles at the end of the day (12.30). Hopefully my propensity to bonk wont be a factor but I gotta get some longer mileage in within the Sunday AM timeframe. Assuming this goes well then each Sunday i hope to push it a little further.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Dependent on the weather Clive, I will probs be heading that way too.. wanna get a 60 miler in so best meet you at DT normal time. And mayhap meet you en route.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And there was I planning to invite myself round for a cuppa and to say hello to Teddy..:smile:

arallsopp said:
Nothing doing for me this weekend. Sorry.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
ianrauk said:
And there was I planning to invite myself round for a cuppa and to say hello to Teddy..:smile:

Allow me to rephrase, "nothing doing that requires arallsopp on a bike this weekend." Tea is entirely otherwise. Ted would be delighted.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Then see you all sunday after the ride... :smile:

arallsopp said:
Allow me to rephrase, "nothing doing that requires arallsopp on a bike this weekend." Tea is entirely otherwise. Ted would be delighted.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
More the merrier for a post ride cuppa. Timewise, Tunk hits the sack at 1230 and doesn't rise for 2 hours.

I'll pop the kettle on :blush:

Top Bottom