England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

For me, on a Sunday morning, it has to be Bob Dunn Way from Crayford up to the Dartford Crossing. No traffic, wide smooth road. Ok occasionally you'll get a nasty wind but the rest of it is good.
Bob Dunn Way is pretty good at weekends - particularly if you throw in the private road section which drops you onto Crossways Boulevard.
During the week it's not so good - It's a busy bit of road.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Bob Dunn Way is pretty good at weekends - particularly if you throw in the private road section which drops you onto Crossways Boulevard.
During the week it's not so good - It's a busy bit of road.
I've only ever ridden it when it's been relatively quiet. I can imagine it being fairly unpleasant in heavy traffic

U

User10571

I've only ever ridden it when it's been relatively quiet. I can imagine it being fairly unpleasant in heavy traffic
A confident attitude backed up with a robust constitution and the ability to maintain a tight sphincter for an extended period are the key requirements for weekday riding of this section of road.
Given the volume of articulated vehicle traffic on this road (safer company, on the road, at any time IMHO) I have witnessed car drivers pull some breathtakingly stupid stunts on this road during the week.
Weekends, they're doing the same, somewhere else.....

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyjoe101

Speaking of smooth roads, parts of the uncompleted CS5 route seem pretty good. I've never been that way before and it was smooth riding from Telegraph Hill to Westminister on Saturday night, I'm not sure how the traffic behaves in the day but most of it is solid line cycle lane of reasonable width.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Fatboys?
MmmmmmmMMMmmmmm.......

:eek:

U

User10571

Fatboys is an 'American Diner' based in a converted trailer / caravan, located at Trinity Buoy Wharf, which serves fairly unhealthy, but nonetheless attractive, nosebag.
No need for the :eek: whatsoever.
Moving swiftly on......

Top Bottom