England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Heading off for TBWharf now.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well, that ride didn't go quite to plan! But good to meet up with Wanda2010 and User10571 for coffee. And after a cable car river crossing (up 100 steps in the Greenwich Foot tunnel didn't appeal) J and I rode back along the river at the same speed as the tailwind and discovered that the sun was actually quite warm.

U

User10571

A pleasant enough riverside jaunt - with two goes on the cable car for me.
Good to spend some time yakking (that's not a blood sport involving hirsute Mongolian quadrupeds) with Wanda2010 and Dpfdmmst.
I think we left Fatboys just in time - just as the SE England chapter of the Hell's Angels were arriving. All a-burble. All wanting (more) feeding. Dpfdmmst commented that 'you don't see underweight bikers, generally', while I tightened the clips on my Sidis in readiness for a sprint. The need didn't arise.
I'd rate Trinity Buoy Wharf as one of London's best kept hipster-edge-of-the-art-scene secrets.
With oodles of fast changing, hard to spot examples of guerilla art.
So that's blown that out of the water, then.
Here's the lock linky, Dpfdmmst.
http://tinyurl.com/prwbn5t
Still at the same price they were about three years ago.....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A pleasant enough riverside jaunt - with two goes on the cable car for me.
Good to spend some time yakking (that's not a blood sport involving hirsute Mongolian quadrupeds) with Wanda2010 and Dpfdmmst.
I think we left Fatboys just in time - just as the SE England chapter of the Hell's Angels were arriving. All a-burble. All wanting (more) feeding. Dpfdmmst commented that 'you don't see underweight bikers, generally', while I tightened the clips on my Sidis in readiness for a sprint. The need didn't arise.
I'd rate Trinity Buoy Wharf as one of London's best kept hipster-edge-of-the-art-scene secrets.
With oodles of fast changing, hard to spot examples of guerilla art.
So that's blown that out of the water, then.
Here's the lock linky, Dpfdmmst.
http://tinyurl.com/prwbn5t
Still at the same price they were about three years ago.....
Well, how was I to know that I'd chosen one of the world's skinniest motor bike riders to say it to!
Thanks for the link, User10571:thumbsup:

wanda2010

Guru
As above, the select few rolled up at FB. I thought DM and CJ wouldn't bother going all the way to HPC seeing as DM lives closer to FB. Turns out I was wrong. Anyway, I set off from HPC convinced I would get lost and have to put a call out to User10571, via this thread, to come reel me in.

I MADE IT ALL THE WAY TO FB WITHOUT GETTING LOST :wahhey::wahhey:

I was so happy with myself that I forced a hug on User10571. Hopefully he's recovered by now ^_^. DM would have had to endure one too, but I'd calmed down by the time he arrived. After food and chat, we parted company and I rolled back to HPC and onwards to Alperton then home. I must remember to have emergency sugar rations with me as my sugar level was a little too low for the homeward journey. A jam sandwich and a hot chocolate never tasted so good!

All in all, a good day :thumbsup:

PS: I saw more of that motor-cycle gang along the Highway, or it was another group entirely.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
As above, the select few rolled up at FB. I thought DM and CJ wouldn't bother going all the way to HPC seeing as DM lives closer to FB. Turns out I was wrong. Anyway, I set off from HPC convinced I would get lost and have to put a call out to User10571, via this thread, to come reel me in.

I MADE IT ALL THE WAY TO FB WITHOUT GETTING LOST :wahhey::wahhey:

I was so happy with myself that I forced a hug on User10571. Hopefully he's recovered by now ^_^. DM would have had to endure one too, but I'd calmed down by the time he arrived. After food and chat, we parted company and I rolled back to HPC and onwards to Alperton then home. I must remember to have emergency sugar rations with me as my sugar level was a little too low for the homeward journey. A jam sandwich and a hot chocolate never tasted so good!

All in all, a good day :thumbsup:

PS: I saw more of that motor-cycle gang along the Highway, or it was another group entirely.
If you saw them further west than us then it was a different group. We just assumed they were off to Fat Boys too.

wanda2010

Guru
@crazyjoe101 - Christmas..................... I would suggest a manual alarm clock, but you might forget to wind it up each day :whistle:

upload_2013-9-30_9-23-59.jpeg

Top Bottom