England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazyjoe101

Hehe, if I'm honest I've had to be making arrangents for what I'm doing at Christmas already. With my family it's best to give at least 18 months' notice but in this instance just 3 will have to do...

And now I'm meeting up at ten, so either HPC or Fat Boy's at eleven. Depending on who is where and when and how much sleep anyone has managed to harvest. I'll check and post before I leave in the morning.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I might pop over the river direct to Fat Boy's. Hope to see someone there.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm at TBW.
You're all late for breakfast! :smile:
I know! I didn't have my breakfast until 3pm in Rainham. I stopped for a wee while at the south end of the toot funnel in case Ben and Emma came that way, and chatted a little to the guys amassing for a charity ride to Erith and back. There was a van from Sidcup cycles that was doing a free Dr Bike type thing in Cutty Sark gardens - free but welcome donations to the charities they were supporting.
Then I stopped to chat with Glen, who does the Pitstop bike servicing at the north end.
It's a wonder I ever get anywhere.
Anyhow, as I'd only popped out for a coffee I was a little surprised to find myself having breakfast in Rainham. A very pleasant way to spend a very pleasant day. Thanks for the company, Ben, Emma and User10571. We did a rather elaborate Dagenham detour but I don't think anybody minded in the least. Even the father and son who tagged along with us because they thought we knew where we going didn't mind. Mind you, they had set out for Southend without a map, or water.
And we saw one of these at TBW - the strangest saddle I've ever come across:
spongy-wonder-bicycle-seat.JPG

Top Bottom