England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

As spotted by our very own Clarion yesterday, in the vein of knit one, purl one - guerilla knitting on the Thames Path:
8308151190_e003e551dd_b.jpg

And:
8307101269_e6b4313f15_b.jpg

U

User10571

Ah!
There they are!
All huddled around the capstan(s), waiting for Santa to call:
8307101001_462db2af12_b.jpg

I had no idea that they took them off the string, of a night time.
Prolly because they don't want them to get wet.
Or because it's South London....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
London peeps...
Seriously appreciate you giving up your time this year to show me how cool London is by bike. Your banter, abuse, humor, friendship was appreciated as much as the beers and coffee's shared together.
Have a great Xmas. :thumbsup:

It was a pleasure you joining our little gang fella.
Really enjoyed your company on the rides.
Will forever more remember you walking up the hill at Alexander Palace :whistle:^_^

U

User10571

London peeps...
Seriously appreciate you giving up your time this year to show me how cool London is by bike. Your banter, abuse, humor, friendship was appreciated as much as the beers and coffee's shared together.
Have a great Xmas. :thumbsup:
Lovely to have you along, Mr.V.
Have a great festive......
Have to confess to sniggering alongside ianrauk re: your leggin' it up the hill to Ally Pally ;)

All the best.
J

mark st1

Plastic Manc
My new year resolution is to have therapy and wipe that experience from my memory

Being as its the only time in the many rides we have had that i have passed you on a hill. You can bet your life i wont let you forget it therapy or not ;).

Hope to have some more rides in the big city this coming year and im dying to go on those cable car thingys :hyper: have a good festive period folks.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hope yer all had a larverly Christmas.

In a Boxing Day state of turkey-stuffedness, this only just came back to mind. By Fat Boys Diner, there's a kind of clock (SE corner of Trinity Buoy Wharf) which nobody seemed to mention. I saw it but didn't know how to read it and the area had barriers around discouraging me from a closer look, so I didn't say anything. But it appears to be part of this project for a tidal moon clock. Yay, in other words, a small mock up of a lunar klepsydra! Having watched the video on the link, I now think I've got some idea how to read it. So I'm going to have to go back to see how it's changed since last Sunday's ride.

Anyhow, I felt this bit of useless trivia needed to be shared!

rb58

Enigma
I might be around on Sunday as it looks like I'll have to bail from the Night Ride to Brighton tomorrow - been struck down with Man Flu which has gone to my chest, so a damp and windy overnight ride into a fierce headwind is probably not advised, whereas a gentle pootle around town could be just the ticket. It will be gentle, right?

Top Bottom