England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

I'm up for some nosebag at Fatboy's (I called him today - he's open from 10:00).
Unless it's tipping it down - in which case I'll be in my local greasy spoon.
ETA's please...
HPC or Fatboy's?
I need to put some miles on the VN.
Thanks muchly.

JB

wanda2010

Guru
As I've no idea where Fatboys is (we won't discuss my navigation skills, even with a map :whistle:) I'll rely on V.

V!!! ETA at HPC please. Tonx.

I hoped so (though I've never made it to one before :blush:). But I've put a lot of extra miles in my legs this week, and I'm feeling it.

Btw, though I've been to Fat Boys at least twice, I don't know how to get there (though I think I could work it out).

Btw, though I've been to Fat Boys at least twice, I don't know how to get there (though I think I could work it out).
Oi @Clarion : I know Fat Boys has moved a couple of times. Is it still at Trinity Buoy Wharf? If so I'd be happy to meet up somewhere between 'x' and there and show the way.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm going to assume Fatboys Diner is still at Trinity Buoy Wharf, and I'm aiming to get there for brunch at 11:45. May see you all there, may not! Then I'm off back via Greenwich, where there's a pantomime horse race, and home to watch some cyclocross.

Getting to Trinity Buoy Wharf is a matter of following the Psychohoopla Highway that runs from Tower Bridge along Cable Street. When you arrive at the bit where all the streets are named after spices (cobblestones, big wall on left, small gate in it) stay on Saffron, take the 2nd exit off the big roundabout and then the first exit off there. Then right, until the road runs out.

U

User10571

The easiest way to locate Fatboys is to follow the Thames Path round the Greenwich Peninsula, stand with your back to the Dome (showing my age / resistance to change, here) and look across the river at where the lighthouse (the only one on the Thames, and the one from which Michael Faraday practiced his recreational lighthousery) is, and two red light ships are moored, and that's where Fatboys is.
And you're on the wrong side of the river.

Not to be confused with Ed's Diner, which is a bricks and mortar affair, at several locations in central Londres.
Nor with Nighthawks, which is a 1942 painting by Edward Hopper:
8299376702_7dabe6016a_b.jpg

Nor with Banksy's rendition of the same:
8298325271_cb4750faae_b.jpg

EDIT: Banksy's got it slightly wrong in as much as single-shot injection moulded polypropylene chairs weren't around until 40 or so years after Hopper painted Nighthawks....

Well, I got here ridiculously early. Hadn't realised HPC was only 20km from home - same as the commute, more or less. Been for a spin rou.d the block, and now looking quizzically at all cyclists passing the Arch. No one else yet, which is to be expected, as most would have been a bit more sensible than me.

I have maps.

Top Bottom