England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
250uh37.jpg

nice pics TC- hope you all had a good rde- gaz are you yawning or brushing your teeth?

Hope you get the stem sorted- well spotted!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
drinking

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Nice pics Dave ;)

After much 'will I won't I' I finally got a pass card late Saturday night, and woke to find sunny cheer in the back garden. From the warmth of a heated and double glazed house, it was decidedly a lovely day.

Exiting via the front door some 40 minutes later, I realised just how effective the insulation was. With the mercury doing chin-ups on the zero bar, I edged my way through frosty streets to The Dripping Tap. The sun sat low in a cloudless sky throwing icy shadows across my path, and I was pleased to find Mikey, TC1, and Gaz already installed at the corner.

No waiting meant leaving on warm(ish) legs, and we made good pace through Bromley and down into Catford, Lewisham, and beyond. I must confess to rather ruining Mikey's roll down test with Gaz. Too cold to sit back and drift. Lovely run along Lewisham Way, bents out front, uprights tailing through the lights.

Tollers was waiting for us Camberwell, and (for once) we were on time. Various allegations were thrown around, but it wasn't long before we all agreed to blame absent colleagues (Ian) and headed on to town. As we neared Victoria, the pavements (and roads) got busier, the sun warmer, the going slower. Much interest from the kerbside with two recumbents side by side, and it was very good to know only half of the pointing was aimed at me for once.

As creatures of habit, we parked at HPC, whilst Dave eulogised on the greatness of Hyde Park's public conveniences. Unhappy to see the McPiss cast in such unfavourable light, we detoured to check it out en mass. From there, a quick loop around the the park, and (via minor mechanical with his derailleur) onto Mikey's office. Nice piece of real estate that. Prime location, open plan facility with lots of natural light.

Quick pop back through HPC, along the perfectly flat Constitution Hill, past the palace only to find the guard already mid change. Snagged up momentarily whilst the horses pass, then on to Trafalgar, along the Victoria Embankment, around The Tower, wave off Tollers, back over the river, wave off Dave, into Tooley Street, and head for home. Gaz span up Beckenham Hill leaving me the delights of an ascent to Bromley on my ownsome.

The Sally Army were in Bromley High Street, and I managed to slot in ahead of them for a quick promenade through the pedestrian centre. Hadn't realised they were about to kick off with a brass band number, so found myself a few metres infront, walking in time, and generally parting the crowd. All faintly ridiculous, which was nice.

Home for midday, which sees the pass card automatically renewed for next week. Gaz has agreed to bring good weather, and it should be a good un.

Cheers all.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
arallsopp said:
I must confess to rather ruining Mikey's roll down test with Gaz.
That bloddy jag pulling out of the petrol station didn't help much either!! i still managed to clock 36 down there so no idea what you were doing!

arallsopp

gaz said:
That bloddy jag pulling out of the petrol station didn't help much either!! i still managed to clock 36 down there so no idea what you were doing!

What was I doing? Braking hard for the Jag :biggrin:

Before that, something quite chilly. :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Mista Preston said:
great pics TC. Do i remember you cracking a stem or something last year

Yes and it was another thomson as well
259k4jl.jpg

Andy, you so look like a living cartoon here
2506nt4.jpg

and with that mask the tourist were wondering
"which royal is he":smile:

arallsopp said:
Nice pics Dave :sad:

Tollers was waiting for us Camberwell, and (for once) we were on time. Various allegations were thrown around, but it wasn't long before we all agreed to blame absent colleagues (Ian) and headed on to town.

Cheers all.

:laugh:

arallsopp

topcat1 said:

Let's just say that Trevor Rees-Jones wasn't the only one who walked away. :laugh:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL!

I wish I'd remembered to push the button for that lady in the volvo? that was so careful around us before turning left by Camberwell. That was some good driving!

topcat1 said:
Yes and it was another thomson as well
259k4jl.jpg

Andy, you so look like a living cartoon here
2506nt4.jpg

was that copper about to nick you......you ride buy shooting again Mr A?xx(

Mista Preston said:
was that copper about to nick you......you ride buy shooting again Mr A?:wacko:

Andy was going to be mistaken for that right Charlie "Althorp" and that politzman was going to put him in his plaice. (Yes, you guessed it - something fishy going on).

In fact, that policeman was the person who 'won' my first two copies of 'Barring Mechanicals' by A.R. Allsopp, which were 'lost' in Camden Sainsburys. Andy, realising that he couldn't write without the aid of a computer was in imminent skedaddle mode! :thumbsup:

just plucking this thread from obscurity .... is anyone riding this Sunday?, assuming the baby doesn't come early I am good for a ride.

Top Bottom