England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Andy, what kind of recumbent riding is that where an upright overtakes you downhill?

Must admit I'm quite impressed you got that fast down Bromley Hill, gaz. I tend to make 35 and occasionally 40 down there with a tailwind, so that's seriously aero-slippy for an upright.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
BentMikey said:
Especially on that Panzerfiets!! It's got gravity assist.

LOL. I like that. :biggrin:

Its true, precious few things are faster than the SMGTe when the course suits its strengths. I reckon the ideal test is a decent roll-down, onto a large ramp, and say, 30 double decker buses, or so.

You take the ramp on your aero challenge thing. I'll plough through at ground level. I reckon I've got enough mass to clear at least 20, and provided I don't snag a pedal on too many driveshafts, might just make it all the way through :tongue:

To be honest though, I went down with the brakes on, boxed in by a kerb to left, Mista Preston to right, and Ian infront. It may be that Mista Preston was squeezing the rims too. I couldn't really tell over the sound of Ian's 'gravel' bearings. :tongue:

Didn't stop my view of the fly-by though. Gaz is impressively slippy! Now what we really need is to get him on a 'bent :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, I knew you'd be on the brakes down there. Gaz is incredibly quick isn't he? Far fitter and faster than I am, that's for sure.

p.s. Gaz, I didn't mention the sh*rts yet, did I? :blush:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
arallsopp said:
Didn't stop my view of the fly-by though. Gaz is impressively slippy! Now what we really need is to get him on a 'bent :laugh:
I went down the whole way in that position i overtook you in, very tucked down, knees in and low arching back.

Next time i'll slip it into the 50 tooth ring and give it some wellie at the start.

arallsopp said:
To be honest though, I went down with the brakes on, boxed in by a kerb to left, Mista Preston to right, and Ian infront. It may be that Mista Preston was squeezing the rims too. I couldn't really tell over the sound of Ian's 'gravel' bearings. :cheers:

My brakes were on too, was concenred with the apparent noise that was much like concorde flying overhead and realised it was either last nights dinner :becool: or Ian's bearings. :hyper:

I never "let rip" (no pun intended) on Bromley Hill. I am always just about waking up at this point and tend to tuck in behind and drift down

Top Bottom