England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm going to pass as well.

After the wet week just gone and the one coming I don't fancy a wet sunday ride, especially without any overshoes.

I'll try and make next week if I'm up to it after the FNRttC.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
That was a bit wet.;)
Took Miss t to meet everyone at HPC but the rain stayed steady from the moment we passed Buck House on route.
A good turn out considering the rain; ttcycle, sans velo and in her civvies, Ianrauk, MistaPretson, Gaz, Topcat, Tollers and arallsop.

We tried a foray into Hyde Park but everyone was too cold and damp so we headed back down the Mall, Whitehall, where Topcat, myself and a frozen, grizzling Miss t broke off on to Westminster Bridge and headed home for much needed warm baths and hot tea.

Hope the rest of the loop went ok for everyone and I'll see you next week!:sun:

gaz said:
God am i tired after that... my legs just went on the way back!
ride data

Mine too Gaz which may have had something to do with me pushing a little too hard at Embankment. That was another wet one, i cant wait till we get some decent weather.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Note to self
[It doesn't matter how much pasta you eat the day before IF YOU'RE GONNA FINISH THE NITE WITH A BOTTLE OF RUM :blush: ]

So, i started the day with a blast up to the Dripping Tap (not a pub by the way) taking on the slight rise of Bromley hill, this is where the pasta ran out.
Meeting the bromley massive we then rode up to town to meet ttcycle dom and little miss T (MISTY:smile: )
At hpc my feet were wet so i took some pics of overshoes.
So i decided to peel off with dom & misty and headed home.

http://tinypic.com/a/1godv/3

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Misty! :biggrin:

topcat1 said:
At hpc my feet were wet so i took some pics of overshoes.
So i decided to peel off with dom & misty and headed home.

http://tinypic.com/a/1godv/3

I'm sure my overshoes USED to work. Last two wet rides have resulted in a soaking right shoe and damp left. It doesn't look like overshoes are damaged at all. Maybe rain was trickling down my leg, or maybe i really should have taken the (Mc)Wee, although i think i would have noticed any warmth. How did you guys fare?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Not that I wore mine today, but I've noticed that my overshoes havn't worked so well the last few weeks. :biggrin:

Thanks to my sealskinz my feet were dry but they were frozen solid by the time we got home.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A good ride despite the incessant rain. Well done chaps for braving the weather. My feet were soaked despite the overshoes however they were nice and warm. My fingers though were like icicles.... 43 miles for the day...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
43 miles here too, I got to ride into work. Dry on the way in, proper wet rain on the way back. So shattered now.

ps. Crud road racer mudguards = good.

Top Bottom