England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sadly Miss t isn't ready for the roads on her bike but we might set off early on the tandem to meet everyone at HPC for the central London part of the ride.:laugh:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Aperitif said:
Andy Allsopp has the only true reading Garmin of note on this forum methinks...

That's because of the unique relationship I share with the Etrex.

Firstly, I never simply demand it take me somewhere without concession to the little unit's innate desire to explore. When I tap in a destination, I am accepting that it will 'interpret' my wish in almost any way it sees fit. We've developed a nice system over the years that sees an interesting narrative prioritised over the false idols of 'shortest route' or 'quickest time'. I can't find it in the menu, but its probably on the same screen as 'when searching for an address, give precedence to homophones, the correct street in the wrong town, opportunities for an enormous detour' (default 'YES').

Second, knowing what a sensitive soul it is, I don't like to expose her to major junctions without opportunity to route down the wrong road at least 3 times. Rather than rely on those pesky satellites, we've shared first hand experience of most of the approaches to the majority of crossroads in the South East and beyond. Nowadays, its simply a matter of waiting for her to recognise each turning, correctly identify the direction we're approaching from, and if need be, take another swing at it in five minutes.

I was inducting Teef's GPS to the same system, but it got sulky before we could cover more than 50% of the wrong roads.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
big, big party on Saturday night. Will still be pissed on Sunday morning. Coldest night of the year, much ice on roads. Sorry peeps.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
ianrauk said:
c'mon Gaz.... it won't be that bad....your a quick cyclist, you'll soon warm up.

Other kind of cold... haven't been out on the bike all week because of it :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
oh right, fair enough mate, sorry to hear about that. Can imagine it's a right pain in the arse for you.

gaz said:
Other kind of cold... haven't been out on the bike all week because of it :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
dellzeqq said:
big, big party on Saturday night. Will still be pissed on Sunday morning. Coldest night of the year, much ice on roads. Sorry peeps.

Huh!! Surely those are the type of words to come out of my mouth??:biggrin:

However, I am also personally a +1 to this, but not at the same venue.. However, if things change and theres a central meeting point, HPC I think(?) and a time you never though! But as my mum would say, pigs might fly too! hahaha!

It's ok...Gaz with a cold will probably be about the same pace as the rest of us :biggrin: although i enjoyed going that wee bit faster than normal last week. In fact my ride along embankment today averaged a record 24mph :biggrin:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I'm still in for this. Took the fast bike out today in preparation (bless her, she hasn't been out the kitchen for a few months now) but looking at Dell's post, I'm thinking the big orange beastie might make a show instead.

Anyway, when did this all get so speed oriented? :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm going to come along with Miss t and the tandem but we'll meet you all at HPC.
We'll be slower and I'm not keen on taking her on the tandem thru Vauxhall or the run up to HPC on Grosvenor Place so I'm thinking of taking the Old Kent Road/Elephant/Westminster route instead.

If anyone fancies a change of scene we could meet the Camberwell crew at the Elephant/Imperial War museum, A302 St Georges Rd(handy for Origamist but maybe not on a Sunday:biggrin:)and trundle up to HPC from there?

Top Bottom