England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A great day! I can't top ttcycles lovely prose other than to say it was fab to see you all, including arallsopp being mobile (must be that hair).

My rest of my pics are here

And the pics from a Non Sunday London Ride (ie to Cambridge on a Wednesday!) are here along with some sunny London ones here and some from a Friday trip from Gravesend to the Hoo here

Let's hope we see as much of the sun as possible!

Attachments

• Ian at HPC.jpg
    Ian at HPC.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51

redjedi

Über Member
Sunday was a glorious day for cycling, I can't understand why people would want to do any thing else on a day like yesterday.

Met Simon at HPC hidden amongst the crowds of tourists, one of which asked him about the arch (I think he may have regretted his choice as Simon started to share his extensive knowledge with him).

Davy turned up a bit later, but then he wouldn't be Davy if he turned up on time.

Maldon was choice of destination and we were off.

The less said about East London the better and after a coffe stop at Il Bortorelli in Brentford, we got into the Essex countryside and enjoyed the some great roads, sunshine and company. I know it's still spring but it felt like the middle of summer, as my red arms and face will show.

Lunch in Maldon was taken at the Oak House, where sandwiches, salads and a huge roast was eaten but we headed back to the station and home.

A lovely 50+ mile ride which shared a lot the same roads as Abs' January ride and it was even better in the summer spring sun :sun:

redjedi

Über Member
Brentwood would be correct Martin, I doubt we'd leave our bikes chained up on the pavement in Brentford. There are some un-savoury sorts living around there :whistle:

No pics from me this week but Davy had his camera out a few times, but he'll probably turn up to post them as usual.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it was nice. And odd - it being a mere three weeks since we went down many of the same roads wondering if we'd freeze to death. Becs, Luke, Davy and I had what you might call a lazy day out, arriving at Maldon at 3.45.

Now - who remembers the vagazzling parlour?

rb58

Enigma
I'm sorry I missed this one. Looks like a one. I was up town at the South Bank (had tickets for Frankenstein) and spent a very pleasant half an hour sat by the river drinking coffee and admiring the pavement cyclists. Didn't spot Ian though :rolleyes:

[QUOTE 945689"]
Ian getting ticketed is karma for refusing to come to St Ives with me.

He better pray he is not reborn a snail.

:whistle:
[/quote]

That's ok User - you'll be able to keep up! :smile:

it was nice. And odd - it being a mere three weeks since we went down many of the same roads wondering if we'd freeze to death. Becs, Luke, Davy and I had what you might call a lazy day out, arriving at Maldon at 3.45.

Now - who remembers the vagazzling parlour?

Speak for yourself, I was knackered by the end! All that time sitting in cafes was hard work - just what I needed!

I wish I'd got a picture of the real life vajazzling parlour! Now that would be uncomfortable for cycling! :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I paid my £30 fine today.
Given to me by PCO Gordon Brown of Belgravia nick. What a complete and utter tool he was... in the photo you can see that he had taken his name badge off as I went to take a picture.
One day PCO Gordon Brown we will meet again... oh yes we will...
angry.gif

I paid my £30 fine today.
Given to me by PCO Gordon Brown of Belgravia nick. What a complete and utter tool he was... in the photo you can see that he had taken his name badge off as I went to take a picture.
One day PCO Gordon Brown we will meet again... oh yes we will...
angry.gif

<ping> Ian - you have ex 'PM' :rofl: Did he ask you to remove your armwarmers? It has always been my view that Police Cadets should undertake the role of PCSOs - and do their instruction 'on the beat'. It would enable more officers to be trained (they can be paid from the PCSOs coffers, any residue being used to improve training opportunity) yet be given more authority, commensurate with their training. PCSOs can only go so far; ever. More people keen to pursue policing as a career will benefit, and those that use their position as PCSO as a job (when they are not queueing in Greggs or Sainsburys for their pies) will reduce.
One hopes that a facet of the learning will be the application of common sense and reassurance in any given circumstance.

PCSOs "P***ing Chelsea Supporters Off"

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
<ping> Ian - you have ex 'PM' :rofl: Did he ask you to remove your armwarmers? It has always been my view that Police Cadets should undertake the role of PCSOs - and do their instruction 'on the beat'. It would enable more officers to be trained (they can be paid from the PCSOs coffers, any residue being used to improve training opportunity) yet be given more authority, commensurate with their training. PCSOs can only go so far; ever. More people keen to pursue policing as a career will benefit, and those that use their position as PCSO as a job (when they are not queueing in Greggs or Sainsburys for their pies) will reduce.
One hopes that a facet of the learning will be the application of common sense and reassurance in any given circumstance.

PCSOs "P***ing Chelsea Supporters Off"

Teef- I wouldn't joke - he asked Ian to remove his sunglasses! Well, he tried to anyway....

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ello ello ello, what do we have 'ere then! A very naughty boy indeed...

Anyhow..

Sundays ride.

Awesome! Once we had left East Lundin that is... We even had a rear window from a MPV pop out us, all very weird!

But what a beautiful day it was and very chuffed I came along for it, so thanks!

I've taken pics, but most are useless, so, hopefully attached is some piccys! Am sure it doesnt do it all justice as Dell took us on some fantastic quiet roads with great scenery.

Total miles was just under 86 or there about. Felt very strong so could have carried on, but am getting wiser and resisted... Okay, I just resisted.... ha!

Nope, cant get the pics attached. Oh well!

Top Bottom