England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
Spot on Luke/RedJ. I didn't notice the rain until we stopped at the cafe. There the local police bike marking operation was hampered by the rain so they did not achieve v much today.

I am glad I did not take the fixie for what would have been my second essay at that discipline given the limited visibility through rain spattered specs.

Best part of the day was the lycra clad lovely who sauntered out the TRC boathouse on the Putney Emabankment; sorry, no pics.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
It felt good to get out this morning and I soon sobered up. What we lacked in numbers, we made up for in quality :thumbsup: A couple of familar faces in RJ & Fly and good to meet GBS, on his first one of these rides.

Shame about the nasty drizzle in Richmond Park and irritating that the rain stopped, pretty much as I arrived back home, grrr! A slender 24 miles for me Today but they all count.

I got bloody soaked. Twice. :sad: I 'might' have set off a camera at Stanmore hill, or Marcsh lane... so cold and wet I can't remember now :smile:
No pics Geoffrey - shame on you. It is always nice to see well cut pieces of lycra attire. which brand was it? ;)

Liza

Elize keeps going for rides on Saturdays then insisting she needs a day off to recover
rolleyes.gif
but at least she's now removed the plastic plate from her bike.

My bad, I’ll try and make it out this Sunday :biggrin: …and yes I have removed the plastic plate from my bike, thanks for pointing that out Martin (you would have thought that some people would have mentioned it to me before dragging me out on a ride).

Anyone doing the wiggle no excuses sportive this weekend?

I've hardly been on a bike in the last few months but I'm hoping I'll be able to pootle round the 45 mile route (or rather take off far too fast and limp towards the finish)!

redjedi

Über Member
As you'll be representing Cycle Chat Becs, we want to see some serious effort from you.

That means lot's of pootling, cake and tea stops, admiring the view (of the countryside not the lycra clad men flying past :tongue:), photos of people taking it far too seriously and more tea and cakes.
Followed by an intense recovery period in the bar
cheers.gif

Guaranteed victory no matter which position you finish in
Laie_76A.gif

Anyone doing the wiggle no excuses sportive this weekend?

I've hardly been on a bike in the last few months but I'm hoping I'll be able to pootle round the 45 mile route (or rather take off far too fast and limp towards the finish)!

That's no excuse! :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As you'll be representing Cycle Chat Becs, we want to see some serious effort from you.

That means lot's of pootling, cake and tea stops, admiring the view (of the countryside not the lycra clad men flying past :tongue:), photos of people taking it far too seriously and more tea and cakes.
Followed by an intense recovery period in the bar
cheers.gif

Guaranteed victory no matter which position you finish in
Laie_76A.gif

+1. Did two of the Wiggle series last year, signed up for the New Forest one in a few weeks. Excellent organisation, plenty of good stuff at the feed stations, and if the No Excuses route is as good as the southern rides, a not-too-strenous ride around some lovely countryside. Just do it at your own pace and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom