England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
Finally made it out this arvo for a very pleasant 20 mile blast into town and back. Went down To Chiswick and along the river, then Hammersmith, Kensington (where I got waylayed in the Churchill for an hour or four) and back home.

I'm going out again tomorrow - probably the Chilterns.

Drop CharlieB a pm Frank - he is an Amershamer and is often found touring around...
Although it is warm out, I keep hearing forecasts of rain and sleet/snow. IF it is ok in the morning, I might head out that way. I tried on Christmas Day via Ruislip, and it was a bit naughty. Route one down Batchworth Hill to Rick., then up and out to Chorleywood etc should be fine, although your arrival point may differ of course.

frank9755

Cyclist
It's raining here at the moment - a sound I've not heard for a while. That might be a good sign in washing away snow or could freeze in a nasty way.

I'm meeting some people at Chalfont St Peter for 10:30 am. Will prob head out there on the main roads (A413) in case any overnight ice is lurking around Harefield

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Gws Ian, Andy and Luke. Too much food ingested, feel like my veins are full of grease or as Jamie and nigella suggest, goose fat! Still not back on bike but really need to soon! Hope you all had a good Xmas!

potsy

Rambler
Gws Ian, Andy and Luke. Too much food ingested, feel like my veins are full of grease or as Jamie and nigella suggest, goose fat! Still not back on bike but really need to soon! Hope you all had a good Xmas!

Think Ian will feel even worse now
laugh.gif
whistling.gif

It's raining here at the moment - a sound I've not heard for a while. That might be a good sign in washing away snow or could freeze in a nasty way.

I'm meeting some people at Chalfont St Peter for 10:30 am. Will prob head out there on the main roads (A413) in case any overnight ice is lurking around Harefield
One of the most picturesque Autumn routes! That will be ok then. Raining in Eastcote as I write, all the snow caps have disappeared from the pub tables opposite, pavements are 'clean' and the ext. temperature is 4.6C (about). Weather reports warn of freezing rain and ice but the temperature is rising...met office caution I guess...

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
What time you going to set off Dave?, I have the morning on Friday up till about 1-130 ish. HPC for 09.30? or earlier?

TC - Friday also sounds good.

9am hpc friday, we can meet becs at clapham on route

it's a 3 hour ride from hpc (non stop) not many sights just a leg stetcher

9am hpc friday, we can meet becs at clapham on route

it's a 3 hour ride from hpc (non stop) not many sights just a leg stetcher

oh bugger, that may make me too late back. Does the route have a bail out point that is in a South Easterly direction? How many miles you planning on Dave?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
ride faster :biggrin:
it's about 40 miles there and back, you could ride down to hampton and back

or

we could go east to rainham, then you could either take "the bridge" back or the ferry and home
rainham's about 15 miles you'll even have time for tea

ride faster :biggrin:
it's about 40 miles there and back, you could ride down to hampton and back

or

we could go east to rainham, then you could either take "the bridge" back or the ferry and home
rainham's about 15 miles you'll even have time for tea

Ride faster...the last time I was on the bike was nearly 3 weeks ago !. Either routes should be doable. I will get to HPC for 9am.

If any of the Bromley lot are about let me know and we can meet at the DT for 8am.

Top Bottom