England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I won't be out tomorrow, also got the man flu.

My bike is also in pieces in my lounge at the moment even if I was fit enough. But it should be back better than ever for a ride in the week.

frank9755

Cyclist
Well XC is saying -5 at 9am tomorrow, so I think I will wait until later in the week too. It's supposed to thaw from Monday

Frank

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hungover today. Working Thursday and Friday but I'm hoping to do a loop into Kent on Wednesday and I'll be out Sunday.

I'm coughing but it sounds like I'm walking wounded compared to some of you lot!!! GWS

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
15 cold miles today, passed by hpc on the way to regents park.

these guys were having a "driving lesson"

shot down to big ben up to tower bridge then home.

So. topcat is a miserable git or he doesn't like me or both! We played the same circuit more or less - I did the Embankment and afterwards toyed with traffic in Wigmore Street en route to Regents Park.
I arrived to the Marble Arch and thought I saw Davywalnuts out for a stroll with some of his mates from the Staines massive...

swfqix.jpg

..but I was wrong. Not enough thigh action going down, and the purple one looked like me anyway.
Easy across the helpful traffic control and into Hyde Park with 'warm' sun peeping milkily through. (It felt colder than yesterday, even in the great metropolis).
'Winter Wonderland' has become and annual event to amuse the masses. Looks nice but knobbles the Bromley lads as they NEED the WCs - which are within the 'Wonderland' and therefore inaccessible to cross-legged desperados! :rolleyes:

2ylk51h.jpg

A variety of drinks - at a variety of prices :ohmy:

6fa049.jpg

This is one of those 'Classic Progression' photo opportunities. From general waste to doggy-doos to mulled Sangria xx(

2wm2plv.jpg

Zippo - everyone's favourite lighter circus.

Then I must have trailed Dave's rubber marks down Constitution, The Mall, Whitehall etc...and I came back that way to reflect a little more in Hyde Park. (For 'reflect' read 'Hmmm, can I be bothered to stop, take off my gloves and drink expresso while watching shivering souls hunch past..?' No.)
Hang on a minute though - it's Sunday, I'm at Speakers Corner, where is everyone? I found an answer:

2i7wrwy.jpg

Freedom of speech gets the cold shoulder from Winter Wonderland.

A couple of laps on quiet roads was a way of warming the cockles and muscles. And out, round and into the Wigmore Street traffic to try Regents Park. (I was only being nosy really, seeing how busy the 'shops' were...).
Nothing much happening at Regents Park either. A couple of females still swooning, not yet recovered from seeing Dave ride past earlier...I didn't stop to put them right about things - after all, it is the season to be jolly...:tongue:
Again twice round and I stopped to give CharlieB a bit of a 'busman's holiday snap.' :smile:
The long and the short of it is easily illustrated...

15ea1hd.jpg

nnjqqp.jpg

And, to close, I thought I saw Davy again...this time on his bike - but...

2ntvi92.jpg

...mistaken identity. These zebras were moving gracefully. ;)

ABOUT 78kms+ for the day...didn't seem like it.
Happy Christmas.

Oh - and a PS for Addison Lee, the 'probable Olympic Standard Delivery of People Partner' - or whatever they are. Sort your drivers out! One tried to perform a U-Turn on the Edgware Road without a glance in his wing mirror, and the other decided to do a quick shimmy round the back at The Langham, without looking again! They must have been to their elite driver's school. Other licensed cab people take a dimmer view of the firm. :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Oh - and a PS for Addison Lee, the 'probable Olympic Standard Delivery of People Partner' - or whatever they are. Sort your drivers out! One tried to perform a U-Turn on the Edgware Road without a glance in his wing mirror, and the other decided to do a quick shimmy round the back at The Langham, without looking again! They must have been to their elite driver's school. Other licensed cab people take a dimmer view of the firm. :smile:

AL have a driver training place south of the river, passed it when I was going to the O2 last month (Jubilee Line was out for engineering work, again- so biked it). Remember thinking 'they really need it...', even before the altercation on the FNRttC!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
So. topcat is a miserable git or he doesn't like me or both! :smile:

it's been so long i forgot what you look like :shy: i was there early mate and didn't hang around coz it was cold

they're saying snow tomorrow so i wont be out

i've got friday off Becs and plan to do an hampton/walton loop which isn't too long

Wow, Becs, pre-loading for a three day ride - you are getting serious!
wink.gif

I'm thinking of doing SteveVW's ride on Thursday.

That's this Wednesday............

it's been so long i forgot what you look like :shy: i was there early mate and didn't hang around coz it was cold

i've got friday off Becs and plan to do an hampton/walton loop which isn't too long

Sorry Dave, my internet connection is intermittent to say the least! :tongue: I'll check back later to see what you are really up to. It is beautiful out. :smile:

What time you going to set off Dave?, I have the morning on Friday up till about 1-130 ish. HPC for 09.30? or earlier?

redjedi

Über Member
Still not completely over this cold yet, and with rain forecast for tonight into tomorrow morning, I don't want to risk getting caught in a cold shower.
I'm also not taking my clean and shiny bike out on wet dirty roads just yet :tongue:

Wednesday is looking better (and dry) with temps of 7 degrees. If I feel better tomorrow then I'll be going out for a ride into London. Perhaps a coffee at Look Mums before heading somewhere else.

TC - Friday also sounds good.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Same as me Luke.. trying to get over this chest infection. Bike is all nice and shiny clean (as if it would be anything else). May be able to do Friday.

I was thinking of an early Wednesday HPC then speed along the A30 to Camberley, then up and back to Ascot etc - as a substitute for Steve's cancelled ride...why ride in slow moving traffic when you can ride in fast traffic. Hills included, danger guaranteed!
Has anyone heard from Davy? He wasn't well for the last Brighton ride...I'll text him and find out for myself tomorrow otherwise.

Top Bottom