England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Won't be around until New Years - some of us have to work this week :rolleyes:
Commuting this morning on 23mm road tyres was interesting though!

ajstephens

no riding for me until after xmas I reckon - there's no way I can get down the hill I live on until it defrosts, even on the pub bike. I'll be back back in London and up for riding as much as possible from 30th - 2nd to try to get a little fitter for skiing :wahhey: Looks like I'm stuck with jogging until then :angry:

I'm off skiiing on the 2nd too, so keen to get out for a couple of long rides before if this snow gives us any respite...

I'm off skiiing on the 2nd too, so keen to get out for a couple of long rides before if this snow gives us any respite...

ooh where are you going? We're off to Avoriaz
thebiggrin.gif

I last went skiing (I also first went skiing) in Les Angles? somewhere in the South of France anyway, when I was out there playing rugby. I wet myself when my mate sat on one of those pole things that are supposed to pull you up slopes.
Pete sat on the crossbar bit but nothing happened. The springy bit stretched and stretched until 'breaking point' - he got 'launched' into a snow-filled ditch to the right of where he started from...I haven't laughed to the point of bursting since.
I do know that sliding to the bottom of a slope just to trudge all the way back to the top again is a bit of a chore, especially in the cold. :rolleyes:
Have you got some nice slopes to recommend Becs..? :whistle:

redjedi

Über Member
I don't know why you're paying good money to go skiing. Have you looked outside recently?

I've had to tackle the Willesden pistes this week, with just the use of my home grown size 12s as skis :whistle:

stevevw

Guru
Family Christmas is now out of the way, and now starts the recovery from all the food I ate and all the wine I drank :tongue:

Luke
We had our Christmas last Saturday.

I did it for the wife as both the kids are away for the real Christmas. Luckily the surprise worked even with the son having to collect Brother In-law and more importantly the pre cooked turkey from my mums in the heavily falling snow and my daughter taking the wife in the opposite direction on a bogus shopping trip as a distraction and then getting caught in it too.
Still it all worked out fine apart from the thumping head and missing the club mtb snow ride on Sunday morning.

redjedi

Über Member
But Monday's forecast is now 5-7 degrees by midday, with a bit of rain to help clear the last of the snow and ice :wahhey:

This has now moved to Tuesday's forecast, with a possible of high of 9 degress although chance of a few showers.

Who's up for a Tuesday London ride (weather depending obviously)?

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm a maybe- there's a few plans to see some friends inbetween Xmas and New Year- nothing solid yet but will keep an eye on this thread to see what happens.

Garyragordon

Just joined this site the other day. I'm keen for the ride on Sunday. I can meet you in Vauxhall, are you going over Vauxhall bridge ? if so about what time ? Gary.

Garyragordon

Hello mate. I'm coming from Belvedere but i'd rather meet you in town if that's ok, about what time will you be at the Wellington arch ?[QUOTE 944932"]
Hello Gary. Where are you cycling from? Vauxhall to Hyde Park Corner, where everyone normally meets, by Wellington Arch, is only about 5/10 mins.
[/quote]

redjedi

Über Member
Hi Gary

As this Sunday is Boxing Day there may not be much of a turn out, plus it's still a bit icy in places.

Keep an eye on this thread to see if there is definitely a Sunday meet up. If not it may be on Tuesday as it looks like the weather will be improving mid next week.

Garyragordon

I'll keep an eye on things, thanks.
Hi Gary

As this Sunday is Boxing Day there may not be much of a turn out, plus it's still a bit icy in places.

Keep an eye on this thread to see if there is definitely a Sunday meet up. If not it may be on Tuesday as it looks like the weather will be improving mid next week.

Top Bottom