England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not for me folks.
It's still treacherous where I live.
Plan is to dig out the front drive, pavement and road. Walk the 3/4 of mile to car where Mrs Ian had to abandon it last Tuesday night. Dig it out and bring it back home.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
If I wake up I should be at HPC.

me too

redjedi

Über Member
Morning all.
Just been outside and it's a great day for a ride. It's definitely a buff and arm warmer morning, but it's a tropical 1 degrees where I am so probably even hotter in London.

I'll be at HPC for 9.30
I might be able to do an hour or so mid morning but got to work the rest of the day
icon_sad.gif

Then I think that Regents Park should be the destination for today

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
lets see, there was redjedi dellzeqq sittingduck fly arollsopp and becs put in an appearance, the guards were early today
(and they didn't look too happy) the winter wonderland at hydepark looks very interesting.
Met Titus.

So after a pit stop flys' chain broke, he was on 9 speed so Andy bodged a repair and we made our way to evans to get a new chain.

Luke got a flat on oxford st, we then made our way to regents park for coffee

Luke got a flat while we were doing a lap then Luke got another flat when we lapped the other way, then Becs turned up
and adjusted her seat post which then turned into a faffle of bags/seatpost/saddle jumble :headshake:

and that was it 16 miles for me :whistle:

redjedi

Über Member
Well that was a sunday ride to forget.

First time I've had a flat in the front tyre in the 3.5 years I've been cycling, so decided to make it 2 (both different causes). Fixed the first in the middle of the sunday rush on Oxford street. The second was after leaving the cafe; should have checked while eating. Fixed and headed in a clockwise direction hoping to find the others going the other way. Get around the corner and something slashed the tyre with a big bang.
I'd run out of spare tubes (even though I bought a new one at Evens on Oxford street just in case), couldn't find my patches and had a huge split in my rear tyre
angry.gif

Wait for TC to arrive who donated a spare tube and CO2 (used my 2 already). Sitting Duck donated a sticky tube patch which went on the inside of the tyre along with a cereal bar wrapper (which I really didn't feel like eating but forced down).

Decided I didn't want to risk riding the 9 miles home, so Becs took me to Camden Road overground which should have taken me to within 1.5 miles of home, except the overground isn't running on Sundays
angry.gif
so had no choice but to ride as carefully as possible home, which is now an extra 2.5 miles further away than before.

Not happy, and now I have to buy a new rear tyre.

28 very slow miles for me, and a beer was opened as soon as I got in.

At least it can only get better next time :tongue:

Attachments

• angry.gif
    angry.gif
    253 bytes · Views: 14
I got back to work after very little cycling (although my seat is now much more comfortable :tongue: ), everything has continued to go tits up in the lab so I'm going to head back out before it gets dark and take my anger/frustration out on the road!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Luke continental 4 seasons, yes they're a bit pricy but well worth it.

on another note there was a lot of salt/grit on the roads today, look after your chains people

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
How where the roads in London today?
I want to commute tomorrow but the roads in croydon are still a bit hit and miss, if they are fine in london then i will give it a go.

Luke continental 4 seasons, yes they're a bit pricy but weell worth it.

Naaaaaaah.. you want vittoria diamentes. Even pricier but lighter and not so slippery.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The roads in the Wst End looked all clear when I was there yesterday Gaz.I will try commuting tomorrow. But will stick to the direct A road route rather then my usual round about route.

redjedi

Über Member
Luke continental 4 seasons, yes they're a bit pricy but well worth it.

on another note there was a lot of salt/grit on the roads today, look after your chains people

But they don't come in white :tongue:

How where the roads in London today?
I want to commute tomorrow but the roads in croydon are still a bit hit and miss, if they are fine in london then i will give it a go.

Naaaaaaah.. you want vittoria diamentes. Even pricier but lighter and not so slippery.

I WAS very happy with the Schwalbe Stelvios. And I don't think anything would have survived what the caused of the last blowout (unless it was a tyre failure, but it looks like a huge slice).

The first 2 were very large and sharpe stones.

Just not my day today
sad.gif

Gaz: The roads in London are fine. Just stick to the main mains until you get further in.

Top Bottom