England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Phew! Made it!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
made it to the office after not one but 2 near misses with addison lee taxis, one that resulted in a somewhat heated conversation and a few choice naughty word from yours truely! :whistle:

Addison Lee drivers are notorious. Hopefully they'll steer clear of me later on during my own Sunday London ride (Public Enemy at the IndigO2, Jubilee line is down so I'm taking a bike- quicker than the PT alternatives).

frank9755

Cyclist
Bad luck, Becs.

It's handy that the worst drivers in London seem to have to have 'Addison Lee' written on their vehicles. No consolation if one hits you but it does make them easier to identify.

One looked directly at me then decided to U turn across my path anyway (and I was motoring a bit), the other cut me up at a set of traffic lights (moving from the right lane to the left with no indicating) then slammed the brakes on and sat in the ASL - good job I wasn't hungover this morning! I'm pining for country lanes - hope it's dry on Friday!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
One looked directly at me then decided to U turn across my path anyway (and I was motoring a bit), the other cut me up at a set of traffic lights (moving from the right lane to the left with no indicating) then slammed the brakes on and sat in the ASL - good job I wasn't hungover this morning! I'm pining for country lanes - hope it's dry on Friday!

Sheesh....I think most of us would have sworn at them, know I would...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
But kicking their doors does! :biggrin:

In fairness to Addison Lee drivers it is in fact any car with a blue TfL 'Pr*v*t* Hire' sticker that are driven by brainless/sightless Muppets.

Well done for keeping your cool.

home. Wet. But we did go to visit the dead people.

biggrin.gif
, made for a different ride. Good to see you all, well done Grace for getting out !!!. Wont be out next week as I am working on Sunday. See you all in two weeks

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
U-turn guy

sounds like a bloke from a rap video :becool:

very nice surprise to see Grace today (admin said hug a CCer) so i hugged her, todays' destination was
Holland park (i thought that was just a stop on the tube :rolleyes: ) very nice park tho

so Mice wanted to do some hills today and we went over to richmond park and we did a lap
in the rain and we had a coffee then it got very dark so home time

then there was a flash and a boom thunder and lightening scary

i have some pics some where!

sounds like a bloke from a rap video :becool:

very nice surprise to Grace today (admin said hug a CCer) so i hugged her, todays' destination was
Holland park (i thought that was just a stop on the tube :rolleyes: ) very nice park tho

so Mice wanted to do some hills today and we went over to richmond park and we did a lap
in the rain and we had a coffee then it got very dark so home time

then there was a flash and a boom thunder and lightening scary

i have some pics some where!

The weather couldnt put me off! Like all Sunday London Rides they are fun, open to cultural education (anything from "Is there an Evans at the end of this street?" to "This is the grave of the man who invented the anaesthetic" (sic), full of good humour "you'd get a tank through there" (thank you Mista Preston - that was a nostalgiac and magic moment/memory!) and an overall cool, indeed fabulous, way to spend a Sunday.

My enthusiasm was heavier than the rain drops tipping upon us and luckily Topcat1 was sufficiently soaked by 12.30 to not mind staying so for a little longer! So Richmond Park and my first offiial full lap! Brilliant! This after a very pretty and rural 40 mile ride around Essex yesterday has topped off my weekend perfectly.

Whilst a big "thank you everyone" is attached to this post (aong with some pics and a thank you to TC1 for staying wet to tour Richmond Park) I have to say how scary that was to read about Becs's "nearly not a near miss" on the way home today. Thank goodness it was a miss, must have been a real shock. Hope you are ok. M

Attachments

• Rememberence Sunday Service Preparations 14th Novemer 2010.jpg
    Rememberence Sunday Service Preparations 14th Novemer 2010.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 55
  • A walk in Holland Park.jpg
    A walk in Holland Park.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Sunday London Walk in the Park.jpg
    Sunday London Walk in the Park.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Cake.jpg
    Cake.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Dellzeqq and Topcat1 take Tea.jpg
    Dellzeqq and Topcat1 take Tea.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54
  • A Pause for Thought.jpg
    A Pause for Thought.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Follow the Leader.jpg
    Follow the Leader.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 50
  • AA rescues AA.jpg
    AA rescues AA.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 50
  • If we hide in here they wont see us.jpg
    If we hide in here they wont see us.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Do you think I care.jpg
    Do you think I care.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 41

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Was great to see you all today. Nothing holds off the rain chill like good friends and coffee.

At this point, Andy would like to formally thank Mice for the kind offer of a spare 20" tube, and also absolve the loyal marathon plus of any fault in the matter of spontaneous deflations.

Post mortem revealed a tube pinched during fitting and laying anything but straight. My apologies to Schwalbe.

Ps. For those trying to remove/fit a marathon plus, the trick seems to be in first pushing the bead INTO the rim, letting it lay ON the tape, then pinching your way round to place the lever at the diametric opposite to your start point.

Top Bottom