England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Dammit, fuggit, dammit.

I'm on Dad duty so can't come.

Boo, Hiss, etc.

Could do with another good leg stretch, the Emitremmus ride has woken up the long(er) distance cyclist in me again.

In order to cheer myself up I'll finally post this pic from my last Sunday morning ride with you good peeps. ;)

IMAG0219.jpg

zigzag

Veteran
is this the vintage car rally to brighton? from what i've seen, those cars leave a lot of smoke behind - is it nice ride with them?..

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
is this the vintage car rally to brighton? from what i've seen, those cars leave a lot of smoke behind - is it nice ride with them?..

Hi Rimas, a few of the cars belch out a bit of smoke, including the coal fired machine with it's own stoker... but it's usually fine as they are quite spread out.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Dammit, fuggit, dammit.

I'm on Dad duty so can't come.

Boo, Hiss, etc.

Could do with another good leg stretch, the Emitremmus ride has woken up the long(er) distance cyclist in me again.

In order to cheer myself up I'll finally post this pic from my last Sunday morning ride with you good peeps. ;)

IMAG0219.jpg

lol, wondered when you were going to post that you bloody tinker you....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right chaps.. this coming Sunday the Bromley Massive is heading to Croydon to meet up with the London To Brighton Car Rally.
See separate thread here

Meet at the Dripping Tap for a prompt (THATS P.R.O.M.P.T. CLIVE) 7.30am departure to meet up with the others at East Croydon Station. (or meet at East Croydon Station for a 8.15AM Departure)
From there we join the Car Rally.

What is great about this ride is that a lot of the roads are closed to normal traffic except the participants (and us cyclists).
It's nice to have marshals and constabulary waving us through...

Weathers looking pretty good for Sunday...!!

on call again
cry.gif
FFS!!!!

henshaw11

I've seen sunday's L2B described as 'fast' on the other couple of threads - what sort of average is that ? - fast roadie, or fast summat else ? I looked at last year's start/end times, didn't look too bad pace-wise (tho' I forget what the average appeared to be). The recumbent (or more precisely, me on the recumbent) is currently a little slower up hills that I'd like, tho' it trundles along at a decent rate on the flat...

martint235

Dog on a bike
Does anyone from the Sunday ride group fancy doing the Dartmoor Classic in 2011?

I'm starting to feel the need to get some serious miles in next year and fancy doing the odd Audax or Sportive.

Top Bottom