England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I would quite like to come along - will have to see how things shape up on the weekend - am fulminating not on your account DellBoy, but on account of the current trend which seems to be rejecting the HPC then roll around London nature of the Sunday rides. We need Baxter Basics to put us on the right path once more, a sort of cycling Tea Party

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Did someone say tea?!:shy:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh I'm torn now. I was planning on sticking the bike in the LBS to get the headset sorted but I haven't been on a Sunday ride for ages and then Dell comes up with the idea of a run to Brighton (and back????). Oh what to do???

Btw @Becs, me and Mr Allsopp were discussing all things Audax, sportive etc at the weekend and due to actually liking his family and wanting to see them at weekends, he's not really up for audaxing. However the idea emerged that a 5 day zip to do Lejog was a possibility,interested?

martint235

Dog on a bike
180 miles a day???? I'm flattered that you think I'm capable of such madness!

I could maybe compromise to a 12 day but I'm definitely favouring the longer scenic 2-week option!

We are still at the discussing stage with the long dark months of winter to get a plan together.

And 180 miles in a day isn't that bad... 10 hours, so start at 7 finish at 8 at night will build in a fair few rest stops.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
We are still at the discussing stage with the long dark months of winter to get a plan together.

And 180 miles in a day isn't that bad... 10 hours, so start at 7 finish at 8 at night will build in a fair few rest stops.
hhhmmmmm

(says the man who has done a LEJoG in five days)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Re lejog, I suspect 11-13mph rolling average is probably closer over the distance we're looking at. It ought to be possible to hold onto 9mph real average (including stopss) if there aren't too many Zzzzzs. Suspect this merits its own thread.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Re lejog, I suspect 11-13mph rolling average is probably closer over the distance we're looking at. It ought to be possible to hold onto 9mph real average (including stopss) if there aren't too many Zzzzzs. Suspect this merits its own thread.

We'll discuss it over winter, if it's a go-er we put a new thread together.

It's not the average speed, but the overall mileage per day, every day which is the problem, as dellzeqq was hinting at. I'm looking at doing Durness to Dover next year*, so around 800 miles in a week. Don't think I'd manage a fast LEJOG though.

*[sup] [sub]I'll be round with the charity form later on.[/sub][/sup] :tongue:

Top Bottom