England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Speed is relaxed especially if you keep Ian off the front. ;) Averages I've got listed are all between 12 and 14 with a couple of breaks off the front for those that want a leg stretch.

I'm in for this Sunday and I think I'll head to the Cycle Show afterwards to see if I can pickup any last day bargains.

Will probs join you...

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Will probs join you...

Cool. Apparently they've got secure cycle storage. I wanna see if I can get any discounts on tyres, clothing and mudguards. For the sake of £3 I'm not sure I'm going to bother prebooking a ticket.

Abs

EDIT : Although I'm gonna bring two locks JIC

redjedi

Über Member
I don't think you can buy stuff there. They have one area where they sell clothes but probably at full retail, but I doubt you could buy stuff from the main stands.

I could be wrong. I'll find out on Saturday.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yeah it's just a trade show- very small retail area- though i got a really good pair of socks as freebie last year.

HaloJ you have PM.

I am very shocked to hear the average is 12-15mph!!

Bloody hell, I remember I was on my first one, Ian promised that he'd take it easy...18mph average and I got dropped.....!! How things have changed in my absence!

Hope to be along on Sunday but depending on some last min confirmations (might have something that I need to go to!)

Jonny Jeez- Come along!! You've been umming and ahhing for a while now!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Cool I thought it'd be more trade. I'm just hoping to scour a few "discount if you buy ....." vouchers and oggle at a few bikes that I can't afford. Spesh Roubaix SL3 for example. :biggrin:

Abs

frank9755

Cyclist
On Sunday morning I'm doing a practice ride for my club 2-up (never done it before so need to make sure we don't crash in the real thing next week!), but planning to go to Cycleshow in the arvo so will look out for you guys.

On the basis that I'm sad enough to regularly enjoy looking around bike shops when I don't want to buy anything I am expecting it to be quite a thrill!

Frank

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Come along it's always good for a laugh and this Sunday the weather is looking particularly good for it

There's no speed limit - in either direction jonny. Notwithstanding that you are a maniac or dangerous, it is a sociable ride...a commute with chat.

Speed is relaxed especially if you keep Ian off the front. ;) Averages I've got listed are all between 12 and 14

Johnny Jeez, come along mate. You are more then welcome. let us know where you want to meet. Mista

Jonny Jeez- Come along!! You've been umming and ahhing for a while now!

I'd really love to get along to a ride and meet you all. I dont think this Sunday is a gooer as I'm supposed to be in west sussex with friends, but I will make an effort to set a Sunday aside for a coming week. Probably best if I ask again once I know I have a free Sunday (sorry that sounds really precious).

15 to 20mph sounds fine for me (on the flat that seems to be my cruising speed...hills are a different story!)

thanks all

I'd really love to get along to a ride and meet you all. I dont think this Sunday is a gooer as I'm supposed to be in west sussex with friends, but I will make an effort to set a Sunday aside for a coming week. Probably best if I ask again once I know I have a free Sunday (sorry that sounds really precious).

15 to 20mph sounds fine for me (on the flat that seems to be my cruising speed...hills are a different story!)

thanks all

Jonny

It would be good to see you on the ride. I live near Elmsted Lane. The average is quickish up to London then it slows right down when we meet Zimzum

I am out this Sunday but have the normal 1pm deadline

zigzag

Veteran
i'll be around hpc at 9 o'clock on sunday, but it can be crowded as there's a royal parks run ( ~15 000 runners plus spectators). mrs.z. is doing the run, so i'll be waving her off and meeting at the finish. last year most of the roads around the central parks were closed for traffic, so consider alternative places/routes for sunday ride. btw, i'm going to cycleshow this saturday, anyone else from cc?

road closures on sunday

redjedi

Über Member
i'll be in the around hpc at 9 o'clock on sunday, but it can be crowded as there's a royal parks run ( ~15 000 runners plus spectators). mrs.z. is doing the run, so i'll be waving her off and meeting at the finish. last year most of the roads around the central parks were closed for traffic, so consider alternative places/routes for sunday ride. btw, i'm going to cycleshow this saturday, anyone else from cc?

road closures on sunday

Good luck to the Missus, ZZ

I'll be at the show on Saturday so I'll keep an eye out for you. You'll find me by following the patches of drool by all the nice bikes :tongue:

Do we want to change the meeting point for this week or just get as close as we can to HPC?

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
i'll be around hpc at 9 o'clock on sunday, but it can be crowded as there's a royal parks run ( ~15 000 runners plus spectators). mrs.z. is doing the run, so i'll be waving her off and meeting at the finish. last year most of the roads around the central parks were closed for traffic, so consider alternative places/routes for sunday ride. btw, i'm going to cycleshow this saturday, anyone else from cc?

road closures on sunday

Bugger. That's all us North Londoner's scuppered. Sloane Square? Just means a lap of the park anti-clockwise to start the day.

Good luck to the Missus, ZZ

I'll be at the show on Saturday so I'll keep an eye out for you. You'll find me by following the patches of drool by all the nice bikes :tongue:

Do we want to change the meeting point for this week or just get as close as we can to HPC?

Dripping Tap?......
laugh.gif

Top Bottom