England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Have a good one Dell - sounds like a great plan for the weekend!

I'm toying with the idea as I may not be able to make it (and the need for sleep), but if enough folk are interested I might be swayed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I will be out of course, and no doubt Mr P will be too...

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ok- I'm waiting on some info to see if I can make it then, I'll text and let you know if I can make it. What route are you guys taking to HPC- as might meet you on route?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ok- I'm waiting on some info to see if I can make it then, I'll text and let you know if I can make it. What route are you guys taking to HPC- as might meet you on route?

Same route as always Grace.....
Camberwell Green, Oval, Vauxhall, Victoria....

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
cheers - will let you know Ian, will need to figure out which hill is less worse so it will either be Oval or Camberwell.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
and I promise to take it easy..
thumbsup.png

martint235

Dog on a bike
I hope to make it out too. Have been a bit of a slacker since the Southend ride. Missed my September target of 600 miles by a long way :wacko:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
and I promise to take it easy..
thumbsup.png

Yeah, I'm probably lagging behind in speed stakes as haven't ridden for most of summer so that would be much appreciated!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Yeah, I'm probably lagging behind in speed stakes as haven't ridden for most of summer so that would be much appreciated!

Ok so here's a question, (sorry if the answer lays somewhere amongst the seemingly infinite pages of this thread)

What's a Sunday ride average speed then?

I'm asking as I'm keen to get out (if only to get the opportunity to actually meet some of you lot) but am a little intimidated by the fact that I may make an arse of myself given that you all do this pretty regular like.

your route is almost the route I take when i ride in (that way) so its not like I am unfamiliar with the environs

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok so here's a question, (sorry if the answer lays somewhere amongst the seemingly infinite pages of this thread)

I'm asking as I'm keen to get out (if only to get the opportunity to actually meet some of you lot) but am a little intimidated by the fact that I may make an arse of myself given that you all do this pretty regular like.

your route is almost the route I take when i ride in (that way) so its not like I am unfamiliar with the environs

The speed isn't high. Maybe slightly quicker than a Friday night ride to the coast but not a lot. I'd say just under 15mph.

Your knowledge of the route is a bit scary! It's decided on a weekly basis, I think what you've read is the Bromley Massive route from the Dripping Tap in Bromley to the meeting point at Hyde Park Corner. The meet at DT is 8.30am for an 8.40am depart once Clive has arrived. The HPC meet is at around 9.30.

Past routes include: Olympic stadium visit; Richmond; Greenwich. There's been a tendency lately to head out east to make use of the Woolwich Ferry which everyone enjoys with stops at Look Mum, No Hands and other cafes.

Come along it's always good for a laugh and this Sunday the weather is looking particularly good for it

There's no speed limit - in either direction jonny. Notwithstanding that you are a maniac or dangerous, it is a sociable ride...a commute with chat.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Speed is relaxed especially if you keep Ian off the front. ;) Averages I've got listed are all between 12 and 14 with a couple of breaks off the front for those that want a leg stretch.

I'm in for this Sunday and I think I'll head to the Cycle Show afterwards to see if I can pickup any last day bargains.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just had tea with that Tdr1nka fella.. and he has promised to make an appearance.

Johnny Jeez, come along mate. You are more then welcome. let us know where you want to meet. Mista Preston is also in Chislehurst so perhaps you can meet up with him, or you can meet us at the usual place the The Dripping Tap.

This ride has been officially been designated as a gentle pootle.....
Except the bit from Bromley to New Cross....
whistling.gif
thumbsup.png
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom