England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
according to the weather forecast it's already tipping it down. I see fluffy cloud and patches of blue (and they're singing 'I love you') so, unless something horrible happens I'll be at HPC at 9.30. Her Nibs is departing for Cannes at lunchtime (as you do) and I have to go to a shiva this afternoon, so whatever happens it'll be a short tour to 'Look Ma...' or something like.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
and then those that have some time can join me on the thames path (north) from tower bridge up to the ferry

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a dry start, and a wet end. SD, TC, MP and DZ schlepped round to 'Look Mum....' in our usual athletic style, and settled down to coffee and the discussion of tyre wear. Ah...the life of a top touring cyclist! I spotted Nat of Brixton Cycles who is moonlighting at 'Look Mum....' and we gossiped a little, before heading east to the ferry. Which wasn't working. Bloody Johnson - this town's gone to pot since he became Mayor. So we made our way to the Woolwich Foot Tunnel which was closed - what an A-grade ****up that man Johnson is - and decided to press on to the Greenwich Foot Tunnel which is still without staircases - Johnson again. By the time we emerged at from the southern end of the tunnel it was raining steadily - I blame Johnson for this - and MP headed south to discharge his familial duties, and the three of us headed west and home, and, in my case, a hot bath.

That was fun.

I dithered this morning and the wife advantage and I had the kids early on which meant I was late. Suspecting their would be no one at the DT i left at 850 and peddled my little legs off up to London. I pushed an average of 17.9mph up to London which is a record for me and the sun shone the whole way

I reached HPC and Sitting Duck on his new stead, Dave who was wearing more layers than me and Mr Legg were waiting.

We set off and rode for miles and miles to Look Mum No Change and had a well deserved rest and bask in the sunshine. Suitably refreshed we set off. South bound to the Woolich ferry and the wether started to close in. No ferry, no worries, Dave took us via the Greenwhich foot tunnel. I then headed off South and it chucked it down. That along with a strong headwind the whole way home.

Grad ride all

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
very nice to see Antony today on his new bike

on our way to the ferry we spotted a genie who was carrying a big knife

scary :eek:

the ferry was closed

but we got see the barrier again

"it's london innit"

Good on you Clive - work on that speed for the final push into Whitstable. (There will be so many people headed for the bar I wouldn't want you to miss an early opportunity to buy me a drink...:rolleyes:)
I think Boris has hair to dye for...but come on - a Johnson is a Johnson, "at all times and all places cock!"

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I will probably be heading west in to the Wilds of Wiltshire with the One I Love. Sorry - but the weather looks good and it's a question of grabbing every opportunity for an all day ride at this time of year.

Top Bottom