Post a lie about the poster above.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Both Speicher and AU attended the Sir Humphrey Appleby School Of English

Doug may possibly be correct, I couldn't possibly say.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Whether I am correct or whether I am not correct is paramount to this thread as it would indicate whether I have or have not lied and if I have not lied then my post will be null and void, therefore it is up to you to tell me if I have or have not lied.

I have examined all aspects of your communication and can confidently say that Doug has complied with the terms of engagement insofar as doubt can certainly be imputed as to his veracity. *

*That may or may not be a lie.

Rocky

Hello decadence
When Uppers pronounces on Doug's statement what he means is that the main source of our failure to understand is that we don’t have an overview of the use of our words. – Our grammar is deficient in surveyability. A surveyable representation produces precisely that kind of understanding which consists in ‘seeing connections’. …The concept of a surveyable representation is of fundamental significance for us. It characterizes the way we represent things, how we look at matters. (Is this a ‘Weltanschauung’?)

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Speicher used to be a docker, and knows more swear words than you've had hot dinners.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Rog doesn't know how to add up his hot dinners on the spreadsheet of his life.

Is dinner eaten in the middle of the day or after tea time?

He wants to know why the rules are so muddled.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Uppers goes into a coffee shop and notices there's a "peel and win" sticker on his coffee cup.

So he peels it off and starts screaming, "I've won a motorhome! I've won a motorhome!"

The waitress says, "That's impossible. The biggest prize is a free lunch."

But Uppers keeps on screaming, "I've won a motorhome! I've won a motorhome!"

Finally, the manager comes over and says, "Sir, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. You couldn't have possibly won a motorhome because we didn't have that as a prize."

Uppers says, "No, it's not a mistake. I've won a motorhome!" And he hands the ticket to the manager and who reads...

WINABAGEL

Top Bottom