Plantar Fasciitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markemark

Über Member
Fine with the first 2, third one going to be a struggle, although it does need doing!

The pain is a great motivator.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've been wondering if I might have it for some time now, and I think I may well do having read through this thread.

Tingling feet, random pains in my feet and lower legs, loss of feeling...

I'm probably definitely a little over-weight, and I do walk pretty much everywhere in crappy shoes most of the time.

GP seems like a wise port of call at this point.

Cheers for the thread @Slick and the advice from everyone else!

vickster

Legendary Member
Footwear really is very important, I think mine was kicked off by wearing a pair of Chelsea boots with little arch and ankle support and a small heel. Advised to wear trainers with a rocker sole (so running type rather than a flat converse plimsoll style)

AndyRM

XOXO
Footwear really is very important, I think mine was kicked off by wearing a pair of Chelsea boots with little arch and ankle support and a small heel. Advised to wear trainers with a rocker sole (so running type rather than a flat converse plimsoll style)

Yeah, I think that's what's set it off for me.

Footwear has generally alternated between knackered old docs and fairly old (but decent quality) high top trainers. I do have a newer pair of boots which are great, and I've just got some newer trainers, but they're low tops so rubbed in a new place - I'll have to wait for the blisters to die down!

CAESAR AVGVSTVS

I’ve had Plantar Fasciitis for over twenty plus years. Usually it goes on its own after a couple of months. It’s got progressively worst over the last few years. The last time it lasted for eight months. As others have said it gets very painful. I purchased some Scholl insoles to take the pressure off the heal. I also used a Massage Roller that worked very well for me. Ice packs also helped out. I’m now a little more careful from over doing it on my feet. I know the signs to slow down, or suffer the consequences 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 5

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I'm trying to find some running style myself, but I've got wide feet and a high instep so I'm struggling at the mo. Why do shoes vary so much, I take a 10.1/2 if I can find them or 11. I tried an 11 on in Clarks at the weekend and my toe was about an inch from the end of the shoe. I prefer Clarks if I can afford them, even their standard fittings are wider plus if I can get an 10.1/2 H I'm in heaven. :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
ASICS trainers are wide fitting IME. Or wider New Balance. Look at sportshoes.com for deals
Clarks come in different widths. Could look at Hotter too in sale

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah, I think that's what's set it off for me.

Footwear has generally alternated between knackered old docs and fairly old (but decent quality) high top trainers. I do have a newer pair of boots which are great, and I've just got some newer trainers, but they're low tops so rubbed in a new place - I'll have to wait for the blisters to die down!

Converse are the worst. Zero support!

AndyRM

XOXO
Converse are the worst. Zero support!

My last pair of those disintegrated about a year ago after an impromptu visit to the North Sea (I fell in trying to catch a frisbee).

I used to love them, especially when they were dirt cheap. Then Nike bought them (which I appreciated saved the company) and the prices skyrocketed. Even a basic pair of Chucks is pushing £60 these days which is an outrage for glorified plimsolls.

OldShep

Über Member
Sympathy to the OP the constant pain must be awful and I hope you can find some relief soon.
It’s around 7 years since I had a bad time with PF which I’m certain was brought on with some cheap shoes. I’m very careful in what I buy now and with arch support insoles in everything I wear.
I found a squash ball the perfect thing to roll under my foot when sitting which gave some relief along with standing on steps and dropping the heel.

vickster

Legendary Member
Silly question OP, have you had your feet x-rayed scanned to check it's not something else like arthritis exacerbating?

Drago

Legendary Member
ASICS trainers are wide fitting IME. Or wider New Balance. Look at sportshoes.com for deals
Clarks come in different widths. Could look at Hotter too in sale

I've spent a fortune on Skechers and Under Armour trainers, deliberately bought half a size larger on Docs advice. Does seem to help.

Top Bottom