Plantar Fasciitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Sounds like you need to get these orthotics reviewed, even remoulds made? Mine aren't carbon, they're fairly comfortable

I bought a 30 quid sock from boots and that seems to help better.

I'm waiting on a call from the clinic I linked, I'm prepared to give anything a go at this point.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm in the same boat. Because of my liver the Doc has swerved me away from painkillers. Some days it's bearable, others it's agony and I've serious difficulty even walking. Seriously, if having my foot off would cure it I'd do it, it hurts that much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I'm in the same boat. Because of my lover the Doc has swerved me away from painkillers. Some days it's bearable, others it's agony and I've serious difficulty even walking. Seriously, if having my foot off would cure it I'd do it, it hurts that much.

Yeah, I'm the same but I now have an appointment on Thursday with this clinic so I've everything crossed for that.

I know its very minor, but I soak my feet in voltarol gel when it gets really bad. Probably more so in my mind, but I think it turns it down a bit.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I'm in the same boat. Because of my liver the Doc has swerved me away from painkillers. Some days it's bearable, others it's agony and I've serious difficulty even walking. Seriously, if having my foot off would cure it I'd do it, it hurts that much.
You should have left it, the original gave much more interesting thoughts!

All uphill

Still rolling along
I had a bad year with this in 2016. It was agony.

On the advice of my GP I stopped walking barefoot indoors and tried cheap shoe inserts from Boots.

I was lucky, those two measures ended the pain for me.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru

On the advice of my GP I stopped walking barefoot indoors and tried cheap shoe inserts from Boots.

Nice.

Maybe if I did that when my feet first became tender, that might have worked for me too.

I couldn't even consider walking on a hard floor bare footed and have skechers slippers waiting at the side of my bed to make sure my feet are supported immediately. The cheap inserts from boots has piqued my interest though, and might give some of them a go if Thursday doesn't work out.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

This does seem to be a recurring theme on here, I do have some ordinary slippers, wonder if it's worth putting some form of support insole in them and see if it makes a difference. I do have orthotic insoles in the majority of my shoes but tend to walk round the house in socks.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
This does seem to be a recurring theme on here, I do have some ordinary slippers, wonder if it's worth putting some form of support insole in them and see if it makes a difference. I do have orthotic insoles in the majority of my shoes but tend to walk round the house in socks.

Ooft, even reading your last sentence had me wincing in pain.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Oops , posted itself 🤔

replying to myself, I have had PF several times over the years. Always brought on by a prolonged increase in training load. I think footwear and posture are important, as are the type of surface and terrain ( one instance occurred when walking the SWCP with backpack, all the ups and downs eventually took their toll)
On each occasion it was several weeks before I was free of pain, but it did resolve itself. I think it's very much an individual thing with regard to the effectiveness of treatment, but the basic principles are the same, ice, very gentle stretching by pulling the toes back towards the shin ( I had a sort of bandage / sock arrangement that I wore at night, it kept the foot tilted towards the shin )
With regard to footwear, there's a bery good episode of the " Sliced Bread " podcast where they look at running shoes ( another episode is on " barefoot " running shoes. Well worth a listen as injuries are discussed too.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nice.

Maybe if I did that when my feet first became tender, that might have worked for me too.

I couldn't even consider walking on a hard floor bare footed and have skechers slippers waiting at the side of my bed to make sure my feet are supported immediately. The cheap inserts from boots has piqued my interest though, and might give some of them a go if Thursday doesn't work out.

Be aware you'll likely need the full course of Shockwave and then the pain and inflammation will hopefully subside as it's now a chronic issue

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Be aware you'll likely need the full course of Shockwave and then the pain and inflammation will hopefully subside as it's now a chronic issue

Yeah they have told me the first appointment is pretty much assessment and if I'm suitable and they have time, I will fetch my first session.

She reckoned they would be able and tell me during the assessment how many sessions I would likely need.

All uphill

Still rolling along

I can't wear slippers without getting pain again; Ms AU finds the sight of me in the evening wearing pj's with shoes hilarious.

Top Bottom