Olympic Cycling - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are having to balance the interests of everyone which isn’t easy. Whilst being unfairly compared to their 2012 output.

But I do agree that there is too much chat with the pundits, whilst they wait for the action they can show.

Radio 5 are doing a good job.

I could be wrong but I would have thought there is greater interest in cycling than diving which seems to have been shown almost permanently for 2 weeks.

No disrespect to the divers and there dedication to there chosen sport.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I’ve heard the BBC don’t have the rights and just have to take what they get. There’s much better coverage on Eurosport.
The BBC have some rights, bought from Warner Brothers (who own Eurosport). Warner Brothers have bought the Olympic TV rights for all of Europe 2018-2032, funded in part by people who subscribe to Eurosport or discovery+ (or GCN+ while it existed), and sold on almost as little as they were required to. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cjk3vkpxz1po

Mike_P

Guru
Is there anywhere you can complain over the cr*p Discovery+ app defaulting to offering commercial packed E2 coverage rather than automatically offering the ad free version which is the whole point of subscribing to Discovery+

Mike_P

Guru
Nice move from GB girls to get silver. Laura still giving loads of detail, she's a right gas bag ! Not used to seeing Laura in 'civvies', usually see a sweaty mess on the side of the track.
Noted her comment the other day that Emma Finucane talks more than her!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What was Jack Carlin doing?

They are having to balance the interests of everyone which isn’t easy. Whilst being unfairly compared to their 2012 output.

But I do agree that there is too much chat with the pundits, whilst they wait for the action they can show.

Radio 5 are doing a good job.

I know what you mean about the chat, but what else can they do while there are gaps in the action due to the coverage they are allowed?

Top Bottom