Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from bright and sunny Suffolk* yet again. A late night and a lie in means the first coffee of the day has only recently been finished and a very late breakfast is still to be had.

I left the computer on overnight running a map update for an old Garmin Etrex unit via Garmin Express- when I went to bed it still showed 4 hours to go. This morning it's now running the update through Base Camp to set the maps up which should take another hour or so.

*Looking at the weather forecast for the week, I may just copy and paste this for a few days ^_^

tyred

Legendary Member
Hope your vehicle is waiting patiently for you
Always my worry, but then reason about why they would choose my car. Doesn't always work.

For the keys I have a hidden lockbox with a spare key in. Means I would have to grope under the vehicle to get to the box.
For a long time I told myself I could use the tarpaulin in the boot to lie on. Then it occurred to me why that wouldn't work.

I've always been prone to overthinking and worrying about things that most people probably never think about.

tyred

Legendary Member
Getting refueled for the ride back to Port Ellen.

IMG_20240916_102423.jpg

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
The A45 has been travelled

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Religion is a bit of a minefield and I was brought up in the Free Presbyterian tradition. Not to be confused with the Free Church and various other schisms.
The psalm singing led by a precentor is a culture shock for those not used to such things.
The Church of Scotland services have changed but can vary according to location.

The only time I led singing I started each verse slightly lower than the previous. Thankfully we managed to recover & finish the hymn.

Top Bottom