Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
My running total for the three days is over 170miles to my surprise as I was going to have an easy day but meandering all over the island without a plan added up, it seems. At least yesterday's horrible head wind is gone.

On a whim, I attended church this morning as I happened to be passing one at starting time. I always wanted to see how a Church of Scotland service differed from my Ulster Presbyterian upbringing. I felt a big out of place in cycling kit!

Later when I was exploring, a grave yard gate fell of its hinges when I opened it and it was not easy sorting it out on my own, but I would never leave it lying on the ground.

Now at a traditional music session.
Episcopal Church, used to have a couple of folks show up for early mass on bicycles. Still would go and add my Raleigh to the mix, were I able. I think my Ernie Clements San Remo would be a bit sporty for that parish.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm nearly up.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I've never heard of this PBS. What I've just seen online seems to be 61.5%ABV. It sounds effective if not subtle.

PBS was not for sale in bottles but you could buy whole casks as an investment. Not something I would recommend as wooden casks leak and you can lose a lot if not detected in time. Filling strength we used was about 40% but this changes over time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Settled looking morning and sod's law dictates that while there was lots or rain and wind when I was on the mainland the next week looks really good weather for triking.
Car waiting to get collected to get the brake problem sorted. If they do not appear soon I may start phoning to remind them.
Still lots of sorting out to do with the shopping not all stowed away so that will take some time.
Need to see if I still have a suit I can wear to a funeral as I only use it for such occasions and it tends to shrink. :ohmy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My running total for the three days is over 170miles to my surprise as I was going to have an easy day but meandering all over the island without a plan added up, it seems. At least yesterday's horrible head wind is gone.

On a whim, I attended church this morning as I happened to be passing one at starting time. I always wanted to see how a Church of Scotland service differed from my Ulster Presbyterian upbringing. I felt a big out of place in cycling kit!

Later when I was exploring, a grave yard gate fell of its hinges when I opened it and it was not easy sorting it out on my own, but I would never leave it lying on the ground.

Now at a traditional music session.

Religion is a bit of a minefield and I was brought up in the Free Presbyterian tradition. Not to be confused with the Free Church and various other schisms.
The psalm singing led by a precentor is a culture shock for those not used to such things.
The Church of Scotland services have changed but can vary according to location.

tyred

Legendary Member
Religion is a bit of a minefield and I was brought up in the Free Presbyterian tradition. Not to be confused with the Free Church and various other schisms.
The psalm singing led by a precentor is a culture shock for those not used to such things.
The Church of Scotland services have changed but can vary according to location.

It is. So many religions and all of them convinced they are right.

I didn't notice any difference to what I'm familiar with other than slightly different wording to the Lord's Prayer.

No youngsters whatsoever though. I was probably the only one below 60. At home, because so much of what is done in rural areas for children in terms of youth clubs and games etc. is done by Churches, there is still a youthful element at Church. It's hard to see how churches can be sustained long term.

Gwylan

Veteran
Hopefully my car is still there when I get there and hasn't been stolen, vandalised, clamped or towed away!

Hope your vehicle is waiting patiently for you
Always my worry, but then reason about why they would choose my car. Doesn't always work.

For the keys I have a hidden lockbox with a spare key in. Means I would have to grope under the vehicle to get to the box.
For a long time I told myself I could use the tarpaulin in the boot to lie on. Then it occurred to me why that wouldn't work.

Top Bottom