Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Another cold start and now a lovely sunny day even managed shorts and t-shirt for an early afternoon walk to town.
Yet more washing to be done luckily sure to the weather its drying nicely on the line.
Hopefully the sun holds for my afternoon walk later.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
PBS was not for sale in bottles but you could buy whole casks as an investment. Not something I would recommend as wooden casks leak and you can lose a lot if not detected in time. Filling strength we used was about 40% but this changes over time.

Didn't a lot of spirit go for Gin production, not Malt Whisky but rather the Grain stuff

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Didn't a lot of spirit go for Gin production, not Malt Whisky but rather the Grain stuff

Gin is just rectified spirit with some flavouring added.Vodka is often sold with no flavouring but the traditional flavouring for gin is juniper.
Gin can be made from almost any fermentable base and the local cheese producers here make gin from fermented whey and some mysterious local herbs for flavour.
The local joke is they have not yet found a use for the cow farts.

Malt whisky is a different distilling process and also requires maturation in oak casks for a minimum of three years
The small so-called craft distillers obviously prefer gin or vodka because it can be sold straight from the still so no capital required to warehouse for a lengthy period.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sunny all day and forecast to be the same all week.
New callipers ordered for the car which is still drivable locally but will be collected Wednesday morning so need another early rise to get the keys out before the mechanic arrives.

Stopped at the Clydesdale Bank as was because there was a parking spot nearby and went to the ATM to unfreeze my credit card. Machine out of order so went into the bank to enquire when it would be working.
Bad timing as two farmy type wimmen with big welly boots got in before me and started interminable multiple transactions.
Eventually I got a free cashier but no help as they reported the fault with the ATM last Wednesday and need to wait till an engineer appears and no idea when that will be.
Very efficient not. Virgin Money.

Iona ferry was off till midday today as they were involved in marine rescue of some sort last night and needed a rest period.
Some our main ferries are also cancelled due to the vessel being off somewhere else because of livestock sales.

Top Bottom